What is the command line for level uncapping?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Solipso, Jul 25, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Solipso

Solipso Member

I apologize for my knuckleheadedness, but I'm ready to start playing and I want to be sure my characters can go beyond level 10. According to the Installation Instructions for Livonya's Mod, I need to type in one of the following two command lines (in the properties screen of the TOEE icon on my desktop).

"C:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\TOEE.EXE" -maxlevel 10

or

"C:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\TOEE.EXE"]

Which one will enable the uncapping? Sorry, I want to be sure. If it's the first, is there a space between the end quotation mark and the hyphen, or do I type in the hyphen immediately after the quotation mark? :dead:

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

This will set the level cap to 10

This - or just starting the game the regular way (double clicking the .exe file) will allow you to go up to level 20. [Don't thank me - praise makes me blush - red isn't my colour!]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  3. Solipso

Solipso Member

All right, I will not thank you in particular. I do, however, thank everyone who has put time and labor into improving a game that should have been much better than it was on its release. :clap:

4. Solipso

Solipso Member

This seems to be a moot point, since you've noted that all I have to do is double click the .exe file, which is what I intend to do.

For the record, however, that bracket at the end of the target line is not working. After I type in the bracket and click OK or Apply, Windows says, "The name "C:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\TOEE.EXE"] specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct." :dizzy:

5. halarious

halarious Member

liv's mod automatically let's you go to level 20, if you want to stop at 10, then you add the " -maxlevel 10 " line.

6. Solipso

Solipso Member

I thought/hoped that was the case. Thanks for the verification. :)

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

My appologies the bracket is not supposed to be there. My wife bought it for me, It's a Minor Typo of Confusion - not to be confused with it's big brother The Major Typo of Confusion, which likes to rant and rave about things that don't really matter and sometimes get's completely incomprehensabubble.

8. foil

foil Member

I thought I was the only "knucklehead" of the bunch (I also had trouble interpretting the instructions for level uncapping). I'm glad someone is at least as clueless as I am :p

Our Host!