What's the update order I want?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowDragon8685, Jul 23, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Member

Yes, I know there's a sticky thread. I'm not trying to be a goober, but I've been away from this all for a half a year or more.

I've been really, really bored lately, and I was wondering what all the Co8 crew had fixed, what haden't been fixed. I read there was, in fact, an armor with which you could make your PCs nude (I run an all-girl party, thank you guys,) and some other stuff. (Cujo's mod, I think?)

I've also read references to new spells like Disintegrate and stuff, and a host of other neat features, like adding new PCs from the inn and stuff.

What I'm dying to know is, can you get past level 10? That was the major killing point of ToEE for me, the cap on my level at precisely half what I felt it should be. Since I got my copy of NWN, that cap is now one fourth of what I feel it should be. (Epic magic, yeah baby. :) )

So, uhh, what-all's changed. What do I need to install - I know I need official 1 and 2, the 3.04 Co8 patch... What then? I want the latest, with all the newest content, the most lecherous apparal I can put on my characters, and enough magical might to incinerate a small army.

I'd also like to know if it's possible to edit my character's in-game. Stats, levels, spells known, etcetera.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

If you want EVERYTHING, do a clean install, patch to patch 2, get Agetian's Temple Frontend 3, Then [Pay close attention] install co8 3.0.4 to a DIFFERENT directory NOT the ToEE directory, download livonya's 1.5.1 and put it on top of the co8 3.0.4, download cujo's mod and put that on top of the co8/Livonya hybrid, do the same with Darmagon's new spells and heavydan85's new weapons (or my additional files in Cujo's mod thread - which also includes scrolls for the new spells), Then [this is the complicated bit] open the modules folder, delete the players folder (the giant pc causes ctd's).

Rename the data folder to...

Data.Added_content

Rename the Modules folder to...

Modules.Added_content

put moebius2778's temple.dll into the Modules.Added_content folder, then put the two folders into your ToEE directory, open Frontend 3 (this should be in the ToEE directory) click on Added_content, Click the check box for HP Con fix, and map cache clean on startup, and launch the game.

3. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Member

Oh wow, yeah. That's a bit complicated, but I can handle it.

But, um... You mentioned a lot of stuff I haven't heard before. Maybe I'm blind, but where do I get it all?

4. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

My stuff has been up for almost 24 hours and is in the thread kama's. Cujo said he would add my stuff to his next update to his stuff (he said he needed to fix robes). So you may want to just wait.

5. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Member

Well, hmmph. Drat. I'm bored out of my skull, but I may as well wait, then. Thanks for the heads-up.

Allyx, what are those files you were talking about? The ones that include scrolls and all? As someone who thinks he can make a Wiz/Wiz/Cleric/Ranger/Rogue party work, that'll be handy. I use my wizzies to double each other's spell learning potential - Scribe Scroll, doncha know. :)

6. halarious

halarious Member

sorry, but i'm really bad at this stuff.
    when you say a different directory, do you mean a specific one, or do i have to create one? if so, how?
    also, what do you mean by "put it on top", does this mean, in the same directory, or is it another procedure altogether?

i really like what you guy are doing with ToEE, but at the same time, your driving me nuts. to many changes, to fast, i can't keep up!!

i am modding impaired, i couldn't mod my way out of a paper bag, so please bear with me. i never figured out the custom portraits, and now i can't find the thread! i don't know what to do with Ted's voices, and when i tried to install the SaM mod, i got stopped at " use the Protos Ed."
    anyways, enough ranting and raving, i would appreciate any and all help anybody has to offer. thanks in advance.

ps. some of you guys mentioned a Fan_fix 4.0, all the goodies in one easy to install package, this would be the best x-mas present ever.(hint hint)

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Co8 4.0.0 is a little way off. We have to:

- Wait for Liv to post 2.0 of her update.

- Update all HER stuff with Allyx's, Cujo's and Darmagon's efforts, + a new temple.dll with all Drifter's fixes, and FrontEnd and Drifter's optional stuff (etc) will go in too.

A lot of work, and an uncertain timeline.

BUT my mod will be out in a few days. By which I mean THREE, if it kills me. If it kills all of us :D And since by its nature it is built on top of Allyx's and Cujo's efforts (a couple things in Cujo's mod he included as a favour to me) it will roll everything together into the one single package we so desperately need. At least the new stuff - you will still need Co8 3.0.4 and Liv 1.5 installed previously. But you have those right?

8. halarious

halarious Member

i know where all the stuff are, but after Allyx's post above, i'm not sure if my install is correct? :nosebleed

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The install order I posted is if your using AGETIAN'S TEMPLE FRONTEND 3, It supports multiple mods, and is a bit more difficult to get it to work properly. The mods I mentioned will work without the frontend, just put the mod's into the regular data & modules files. Some of the filese I mentioned are in the General modification board (you have to select it in the forum jump box and click go).

10. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Member

Ooooooooh, I think I have a headache. How do you know what's the latest of everything?

11. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I agree....I'm content to wait for some type of comprehensive do-all doodad myself. I'm no modder.

:paranoid:

12. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Member

Allyx, is there any way you could possibly hit us with a list of links to those things after the official install to Co8 3.04 is done?

Our Host!