Unlimited Attacks?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by XGP, Jul 23, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. XGP

XGP Member

Ive installed the official patch 1 & 2, the Co8 patch, and the Dll fixes.

Ok so im trying to take out the room full of bugbears west of high priest Kelno on the second level of the temple. I work the group down to about three or four, and suddenly one or two of the bugbears will make a mad dash for one of my characters, they attack the character indefinatley untill eventual death. So Ive got this bugbear swinging at my ranger upwards of 50 times (becauase of misses).

This is pretty frustrating - Is it a known issue?

Is it cause by the fan fixes, or was it in the game prior. I should note that up untill this point in the game I had the first three official patches applied and this never occured.

Thanks in advance
    *thumbs up*

2. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

I highly recommend that you start a new game after patching, and discard your old save files.
    And also install Livonya's mod :)

3. XGP

XGP Member

Hmm, yeah I suspected that it may be the save games.. I just kinda dread starting all over again..I should note that im actually deeper in the temple then level two [albiet not much *wink*] But I somehow skipped level two :doh: lol. Then again I wet myself when I think about what party builds and play styles Ill use for my next run..so maybe starting again wouldnt be too painful =D

As far as Liv's mod goes, I read it adds new content and I kinda want to play through the game once without any player added content. I just want to experience it the way Troika intended, I deffinatley plan to play though it again with all the community content though. Im also not using any hired NPC's this run, just my base five characters. On that note, Ill be using Hired NPC's my second time though - but I would like to maintain their original looting scripts - You by chance know how I can use the fan fixes but not change that? I have dreams of iron man and devastating NPC looting, but encountering bugs like this thrust me back into reality that theres no freakin' way I would commit to that and be taken out by a game bug...*cry*

Well thanks for the response, Im assuming you have not encountered or heard of this before?

4. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Member

XGP: The original looting is a BAD, bad idea.

It makes all the NPCs who loot out to be item-crazy packrats who load themselves down with useless junk to the point of overburdening, and what kind of @^*@)ING hired help gets his pick of the magical swag before the party? NONE!

5. XGP

XGP Member

Hehe yeah I can certainly agree it isnt very realistic that some hireling would get first pick. Be that as it may I would still like to experience it without the looting changes. I enjoy a challenge *wink*

Anyone know how I can revert this?

As far as the topic goes, Ive decided to use the official patches and just get my first run overwith so I can really start having some fun with the mods. I would still like to know if other people have encountered this though, just because ;)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
Our Host!