Disintegrate .... Oh no!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by MrPhil, Oct 3, 2023.

Remove all ads!
  1. MrPhil

MrPhil Member

I'm in the middle of the war of the golden skull and the first fight with the invaders outside the elder's didn't go all that well. Amid the carnage, my poor barbarian got hit with a disintegrate spall cast by a sneaky wizard hiding in a tree.
    So I made my way to Jaroo, and he was happy to reincarnate my two other casualties, but he wouldn't (couldn't?) help the barbarian. Since there's no body, there's nothing to target the reincarnation on.
    Same for Terjon in the cathedral.

I've had a look at the SRD and it turns out that you need a wish or true resurrect to recover from disintegrate. Is there anyone 1) in the war zone who can help 2) elsewhere in the game who can sort out the poor dusty looking barbarian?

Thanks

Phil.

2. OccasionallyGood

OccasionallyGood Member

It's actually the first time I hear that AI successfully used this spell. I guess I was too lucky with my saving throws all the time.

I'm afraid not.

3. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Bad luck! I can't even remember if it's possible to recover comrades lost this way when you have access to 9th level spells, with the notable exception of Ronald's parents.

4. zertzax

zertzax Member

@MrPhil If you wish, you can always reload a previous save and see if the Barbarian will survive. Now that you know about the sniping spellcaster, you can target him with your own revenge.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

What are the rules? True Resurrection or a Wish, I'm guessing? Hmmm...

6. zertzax

zertzax Member

According to the SRD for regular resurrection, "The condition of the remains is not a factor. So long as some small portion of the creature’s body still exists, it can be resurrected, but the portion receiving the spell must have been part of the creature’s body at the time of death. (The remains of a creature hit by a disintegrate spell count as a small portion of its body.) The creature can have been dead no longer than 10 years per caster level."

It may well be that the game may not allow it's use though.

7. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

I suspect that if the character is still on the party roster, i.e. Their portrait is at the bottom of the screen with the little ? mark, they can be targeted with a resurrection spell. Not sure that there are NPC Casters of same around though, and you may need to have a level 17 cleric available.

Our Host!