Spontaneous Druid possible in Temple +

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by zertzax, Sep 6, 2023.

Remove all ads!
  1. zertzax

zertzax Member

I know Temple + has the Favored Soul, but do they have the Spirit Shaman or some other equivalent for Spontaneous Druid Casters?

Thanks ahead of time for replying.

2. Buffed Rabbit

Buffed Rabbit Established Member

Druids can swap all their spells with summonings, same way clerics can convert their prepared spells into heals/harm.

zertzax likes this.
  3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

There isn't. Probably because lots of the druid wildshape stuff is hard wired to checking druid level.

zertzax likes this.
  4. zertzax

zertzax Member

@Buffed Rabbit I was aware of that, but thanks for the answer.

@Sitra Achara I figured that was the situation.

My next play I was thinking of a party of all spontaneous casters but was hoping to try a druidish type. Of well. Still have 3 other classes. :D

5. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

You mean you still have other 5 classes ;) ( Bard, Sorcerer, Fave Soul, Warmage, Beguiler ) . Assuming you are playing new content...

zertzax likes this.
  6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Do people really play these classes? I've always regarded prestige classes as mostly gimmicks to pad out the books that they sell, but they are clearly a hit with Temple+ - are people playing them or is it just the fun of making them?

7. Buffed Rabbit

Buffed Rabbit Established Member

I absolutely love prestige classes. I like to create my own as well. Or to modify the existing ones.

8. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Warmage, Sorcerer, Favored Soul, Spirit Shaman are classes I like as well as Deepwood sniper, Order of the bow innitiat, Foe hunter, Shifter, Hunter of the dead, Holy liberator, and Divine oracle in PnP

9. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

I occasionally like playing a Bard/Fighter ( while not the best of builds, I love to role playing, in my mind them being someone a la viking "skalda" or a ronin writing haikus whilst hacking at enemies ) or a sultry Beguiler. Not a fan of the other 3...

10. WickedPrince

WickedPrince Member

I haven't tried the Prestige classes in temple+; but I played around with them a lot with both Neverwinter games. I even did a bard/fighter/weapon master as a renegade female Drow Eilistraee worshiper. A friend enchanted an erinyes armor and a demonic two-hander for me. I really wish I'd saved a file of that character; I've been trying to figure out how to import that armor into a solo game for PC use for years. Funny was listening to people whining because I decided to use a two-handed sword rather than waste a feat on Exotic Weapon so I could use a bastard sword 2-handed. Neither creator of the NWN games figured out how to implement the weapons that could be used 2-handed as martial weapons; or 1-handed as exotic weapons - as it was in 3.5 rules. I actually only played T+ very briefly until I figured out they removed the Co8 ability to change the PC/npc numbers. I have 4 npcs I like to grab, and once I have a PC for each main role there isn't much else to work with. Sure I could make a bard; but I've got a method for getting one that's a bit less annoying than Xaxis. I pick up Serena and her sister Riana and have Serena switch to sorceress; and Riana switch to bard. Fire temple especially makes having a couple people who can "evade" fireballs standing well in front of your other spellcasters and throwing out their own spells to draw the enemy fireballs. So some extra casters with a few levels of rogue isn't a bad thing; and both of them have charisma's of 15/16 to start.

11. OccasionallyGood

OccasionallyGood Member

This is incorrect. Temple+ allows to increase number of NPCs to 4 or 5. Flexible means it can vary from 3 to 5.

Attached Files:

12. WickedPrince

WickedPrince Member

Well, when I imported a Co8 game where I had 4 pcs and 4 npcs it removed one of my npcs and wouldn't allow me to fill the slot. I was told by others that it doesn't allow party balance changes. Perhaps it didn't like my importing a game with that balance. I had played long enough to finish most of the Hommlet quests including the chain I always do to add Meleny, and the moat-house, and several Nulb quests, I wasn't going to restart the game from scratch in T+ and slog those hours again in order to find out if there was some glitch with the import. Additionally it corrupted my last save so I had to go back to the last previous one to continue. If it does indeed allow party balance changes then next game I'll start with T+.

13. OccasionallyGood

OccasionallyGood Member

I guess it's because the default Temple+ config became active after installation. And the default is 5PCs + 3NPCs.

It does. I finished multiple 3PCs + 5NPCs runs with Temple+.

14. WickedPrince

WickedPrince Member

Ah ha, I didn't know about the config program, ran it, changed the party makeup to 4/4 and loaded a recent game save and it worked. For a bit I couldn't figure out how he got to that config screen, but then I found the config proggie. Well, old dog learned new lesson, thanks for the info.

15. zertzax

zertzax Member

Never played or read the rules about Warmages and Beguilers and appreciate knowing that they are spontaneous casters as well. Thanks.

Our Host!