New Temple+ Available

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by _doug_, May 6, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Niels de Jong

Niels de Jong Member

So it has been a while since I touched Temple of Elemental Evil and the amazing Temple+ mod, with the option to use the monstrous races, but I was hoping for the option to remove the level adjustment as the +2 for drow is just far too brutal, especially at the lower levels.

I saw this threat and believe this could be fixed with alterations on races?

Mind you, I'm not really good at programming, and always worry that I might do something wrong. I did get Temple+ working, but that was like ages ago, so I'm not sure if I also need a newer version.

Could anyone give me a quick rundown on how to get to the "alterations on races" (if that is the correct way to do this) , and the "override" folder? I know this was discussed earlier, but I'm having a hard time understanding on how to get there and what "alterations on races" exactly does.

2. kovat

kovat Member

Hi guys,
    1. When I transfer the saved game files between my two computers, the Extraplanar Chest will turn empty, all the stuff inside vanishes. All the rules files are synchronized, so the number of the protos are the same etc. Are the contents of the chest stored somewhere outside of the saved game files?
    2. Why one of my computers keeps autosaving when autosave_between_maps=0 in toee.cfg?
    3. I've noticed a difficulty setting in toee.cfg, what does it change exactly?
    4. Is there a way to graphically modding the monstrous races skins? For instance, how can I change the skin of the bugbear when he wears another armor? I'm already good at modding basic PC races skins but monstrous races have no similar meshes folders.

Last edited: May 18, 2023
  3. kovat

kovat Member

An improvement suggestion: the Scarlet Brotherhood beholder ambush currently lacks any challenge because only the right-hand equipped weapons are separated. All weapons from the inventory should be replaced to the boxes.

4. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you for this amazing mod. It makes a whole new experience for me with this game. The ability "Alert AI across rooms" for example makes a lot of fight much more challenging (Wow did my group get destroyed in Welkwood Bog ambush by that Goblin hordes). The possibility to raise the difficutlty by enhancing NPC lvs is fantastic (at the moment I'm in Tmpl lvl 3 playing with +4 to monster lvls). I have the impression that in generall NPC's act much smarter. And in DM mode I can even create my own ecounters or spice up existing ones. (If only I could find out to start some of them beinh hostile so they join battle against me right away)
    The only very small problem I have is sometimes that 5 foot step seems to be more restricted so that I cannot chosse a certain direction although there is nothing in that way.
    But anyway fantastic work and thanks so much.

5. Illustair

Illustair First Order Wizard

Spawning custom units as hostile don’t give exp when defeated? Is that intended? Thanks.

6. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

I am not 100% but I think it is on purpose. Is an option to turn on xp something you would want?

7. Oleg Ben Loleg

No, I just tested with three Ettins. They start hostile right away and I get normal XP.

8. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Depend on the spawned Encounter level you generated vs the party level

9. Oleg Ben Loleg

Is it actually possible to spawn traps, on a chest or by entering a bridge for example? What I found in "Game/data/mes/description" is:
    // 15000 - 15999: Traps
    {15000}{bp_trap_magical}
    {15001}{bp_trap_mechanical}
    {15002}{bp_trap_arrow}
    {15003}{bp_trap_bullet}
    {15004}{bp_trap_fire}
    {15005}{bp_trap_electrical}
    {15006}{bp_trap_poison}
    {15007}{bp_trap_source}

I could not access any of that in the game with the DM mode.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

There's no protos attached to those numbers. Spawn traps? Probably not, but we definitely need more traps of all sorts. Items can be trapped - think the Thieves' Tools outside the moathouse - and all sorts of other traps can be done. I never did get BG-style trap oblongs working, but they should definitely be doable.

11. Oleg Ben Loleg

More traps would definetly help to create a more authentic and challenging role playing experience.
    Right now there is hardly a reason to level a thief beyond 4 or 5 for reason of finding and disarming traps.

12. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Gygax's reputation as a Killer DM was seemingly not found in the traps of ToEE.

13. _doug_

Temple+ 1.0.92 is now available. Here are the changes:
    • Fixed Versatile Unarmed strike not working
    • Fixed Phase Arrow not working
    • Now filtering out non arcane spells from expanded spell knowledge
    • Scout skirmish feat will no longer show as active after being added
    • Fixed Cleave feat ignoring the reach weapon donut
    • Fixed "Reach Weapons Hit Adjacents" configuration setting not working correctly
    • Fixed "Reach Weapons Hit Adjacents" configuration not affecting how the threatened area is drawn
    • Corrected bugbear racial stats
    • Fixed vigor effects corrupting save files
    • Vigor spells no longer stack (which they shouldn't), only the highest fast healing effect will stick (Sagenlicht)
    • Added help file entries for vigor spells (Sagenlicht)
    • Vigor spells are now hyperlinked to help files in the History Window (Sagenlicht)
    • Vigor spells now have a new particle effect (Sagenlicht)
    • Vigor spells have a Vigor buff icon now (Sagenlicht)
    • Vigor Buff icons show the correct duration (Sagenlicht)
    • Vigor spells from circle of eight now have a spell long description (Sagenlicht)
    • Fixed animation logic to make 2-handed animations correlate with game mechanical 2-handed attacks (like, wielding a longsword 2-handed) (dolio)
    • Audited weapon animations and swapped to more sensible choices for some weapons (like, use a thrusting animation for rapiers) (dolio)
    • New Unseen Seer prestige class
    • New Karmic Strike feat
    • New Extra Edge feat for War Mage
    • New Unarmed Feats: Axiomatic Strike, Fiery Strike, Fiery Ki Defense, Fists of Iron, Flying Kick, Freezing The Lifeblood, Ki Blast, Zen Archery (Sagenlicht)
    • New Spells: Vigor, Mass Lesser and Vigor, Mass Improved (Sagenlicht)

14. OLLY613

OLLY613 Member

Doug, where is the link to the new .92 version?

15. _doug_

Our Host!