More new questions...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by zertzax, Mar 16, 2023.

Remove all ads!
  1. zertzax

zertzax Member

I have tried a search but did not seem to find the answers so here they are...

1) Can you still have magic tattoos put on your characters by Mother Screng? If not are there any other vendors that offer that type of service?

2) I am sure it has been posted but I could not find the relevant thread... a list of all the recruitable NPCs and their stats?

3) With the added new content, which Npcs who you may recruit and suffer an "accident" have consequences with relations to the game and conversations and/or vendors?

Thank you for taking the time to read and assist.

2. OccasionallyGood

OccasionallyGood Member

1) Yes, you can. The only other tattoo artist I know about is Yvy at Hommlet in Labor Camp, who offers Arcane Tatoos (+2 to Intimidate).

2) 1.22 Recruitable NPCs https://co8.org/community/threads/g...le-of-eight-modpack-new-content-edition.8742/

3) Not sure about Ariakas and Wakefield (If you recruit them and they die, who ends the Hommlet Defender/Attacker quests?)
    Any other NPC seems to be safely killable.

As for consequences/conversations - some things that come to mind:
    - Burne: helps you to destroy the Golden Skull which is optional, but allows you to get the best ending
    - Meleny: if she dies and then you talk to Filliken, he will attack you
    - Prince Thrommel: if he dies as a recruited NPC, you will get the corresponding ending slide once you complete the game
    - Lareth: killing/not killing him defines one of the ending slides. Also if you keep him alive, he may become a vendor

Not mentioning "Wanted: ..." quests NPCs as killing them is the only way to complete the quests and they're not needed for anything else.

I have never noticed that death of any other NPC has any effect on anything in the game.

August and zertzax like this.
  3. zertzax

zertzax Member

Thank you for all the answers and suggestions. Once upon a time someone provided tattoos that gave a bonus to natural armor-who I think was the same Yvy, but perhaps that was altered to the bonus to intimidate.

I'm still looking forward to playing the new game mods. Just gotta save money to get the computer. :)

4. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

There are 2 tattoo merchants. I recall one being in Nulb.

5. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

That's Mother Screng.

6. zertzax

zertzax Member

Ok, so does she still do the mystic tattoos?

7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

She did the last time I checked, but that was a while ago...

8. zertzax

zertzax Member

Guess I'll find out for myself when I play. Again thanks for the information.

Our Host!