Circle of Eight Modpack v8 Final General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Pygmy, Sep 16, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. JDR13

JDR13 Member

The fatigue penalty is actually pretty minor in those games though. Nothing happens until you reach a fatigue level of 7 and even then it's only a -1 to Luck.

2. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Just like with Barbarian Rage? That would be nice.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I've commented before that as far as I can tell Barbarian Rage is the only form of fatigue currently in the game, and if this could be used as a template for other forms, that would be good. I think some of Sagenlicht's spells were doing that.

4. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

Yes, that is what I was thinking off. There are a number of spells that now put fatigue/exhaustion on enemies. It probably wouldn't be so hard to tack on fatigue at the end of a modification of haste. The haste spell needs some work so it doesn't stack (bug), anyways.

I imagine that:
    • the first haste could put a long fatigue on the haste recipients (but I'm unsure how the duration would be...a day? so that rest is needed or cheese some travel...dunno) -2 str/dex, can not run or charge
    • haste on an already fatigued character could mean a long exhaustion . -6str/dex 1/2 speed move
    Exaustion is probably the worst effect that should be applied, but this would make hastes a more difficult tactical call.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  5. Lenkadof

Lenkadof Member

yes, this is your point of view.

no, it is not shakeable. you are not open to it being shaken. you reiterate it in every debate. this gets old and ruins debates.

knock knock, you there?



6. Shiningted

Hi Lenkadof,

After 3 years of no posts, your first 3 have all been both irrelevant to the thread, and inflammatory. If your account has been compromised, please contact the moderators, otherwise, think before you post.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

He can take 30 days to see if he can sort it out.

8. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

It actually looks like a bot...

9. testlum

testlum Member

Hullo. I was checking to see what skills I'd need to trigger the Pearl questline in Nulb, but apparently there's no .dlg file for her in the data folder? Or is her dialogue stored elsewhere?

10. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to check the game files for requirements, triggers, code etc... but the Walk-through on Sorcerers.net has this to say about Pearl's quest (you're not missing much though).

11. testlum

testlum Member

Actually that's why I got to digging in the .dlg files - 16 Charisma and 8 Diplomacy aren't enough to start the quest!

EDIT: Hmm, according to Gamefaqs it's actually Sense Motive that's needed. I can try that, but now I'm still interested in where that bit of dialogue is stored if not in /data/dlg.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, figured it out - if there's no .dlg file, the game simply uses its default. Duh.

EDIT 3: And the skills you actually need are Gather Info and Diplomacy. Go figure.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
  12. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Hi, has anyone ever had the problem looting the Vrock Guardian in the Wind Node for the magic gem with Spugnoir in the group.
    As long as he is in the group the body of the guardian just highlights but I when I ckick on the body nothing happen. I wanted to test if I can
    loot anything else so I ran to one of those guys captured in the nodes. The moment I started combat Spugnoir turned hostile on me and I had to kill both, but the point is that after Spugnoir was no longer in my group I could loot the Vrock guardian just like normal.

13. Shiningted

This sort of bug sounds like combat had not ended properly, try pressing 'c' to end combat (toggle a few times if necessary).

14. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

No, had to repeat the fight two times. Then it worked.

15. testlum

testlum Member

How do searching for secret doors work? If I fail the first time and don't meet the DC, can I try again somehow?

I am trying to access the secret room holding the Golden Orb. My characters have found multiple secret doors already, like the one that lets you inside the corridor leading to Falrinth's room, but my cursor never changes into a "hand" icon when I hover over the fake wall.

EDIT: Solved, to detect secret doors, it must be a PLAYER MADE character that uses the search skill. Recruited NPCs don't work.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
Our Host!