Question on animal companions and animated dead.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sradac, Jan 21, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Volund

Volund Member

I used the ACs the first time through, and found them hard to keep alive, so this time I didn't.
    But now when I summon them for the first time, an L12 Meleny gets an 83 HP jackal, and Rgr9/Rog3 sneak attacker gets a 53 HP jackal, and a Rgr6/Rog6 archer/picker gets a 51 HP jackal.
    So summoning at a later level does seem to affect starting stats for the AC.
    But I'm not sure why so little difference between the Rgr 6 Jackal and the Rgr 9 Jackal?

2. Volund

Volund Member

OK, there is some randomness in HP, even though I clicked Max HP for NPC and show actual HP for NPC options in the F/E.
    79 HP, 52 HP, and 49 HP this time through.

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ Yeah HP per level is rolled for NPCs just like it is for PCs, hence the variety. I never noticed any difference with level.

As for the interface, rather than creating a complex new system, I'd rather have animal companions work like familiars or dominated creatures - have them join the party and give the player near-full control. Sure, they'd take a party slot, but they'd also be worth that slot. And most of the mechanics for that are already in the game.

4. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Hi, I'm just running a game with a small group of rather low powerd characters. One is a Barbarian/Druid. Since my Druid level is only at half at what a pure Druid would beI my animal companion is extremly weak. I know you can use things like mage armour, bark skin, etc., but
    Is there a way to acces the inventoty of my animal companion? I woul like to make him more durable permanently. If someone knows of a console command it would be fine with me.

5. Buffed Rabbit

Buffed Rabbit Established Member

Although it's not the answer you exactly seek: You could edit the pet's attributes, abilities, feats, etc through Temple+'s ingame 'Dungeon Master Tool'.

I am also interested to know if it is possible to access animal companion's inventory.

6. Oleg Ben Loleg

Thanks for that option maybe this leads finally to me installing Temple+. But I would probably have to start a new game or not?

7. Buffed Rabbit

Buffed Rabbit Established Member

I am not sure, but it might be compatible. Give it a go.

8. Oleg Ben Loleg

I just found this:
    You can access the inventory of a black bear but he cannot use any kind of equipment, weapons, armour, etc. The only useeful object I can think of are the ione stones that you can buy in Verbo. But since it becomes a full party member he also levels up very quickly and might get too strong compared to a normal animal companion.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The ability to access the inventory of both animals and undead would indeed be awesome, should Temple+ have any desire to go that way. I have tried to think of ways to do it via modding with the usual methods, but other than a complicated dialogue tree, I can't think of any.

Our Host!