Mod request

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Niels de Jong, May 1, 2022.

Remove all ads!
  1. Niels de Jong

Niels de Jong Member

Though then again, I'm not a modder, so I can't be sure.

But would anyone be willing to pick up this mod request?

2. Niels de Jong

Niels de Jong Member

It would honestly be a huge boon for the Drow, as even though they have the strong spell resistance, having +2 level adjustment is a bit harsh.

With the idea that at character creation (and every 3 levels after that) Drow and Deep Gnome players can take a feat called "Underdark Survivalist" that lowers their level adjustment by 1. And that Duergar, Aasimar, and Tieflings (so races with a starting base level adjustment of 1) can take a feat starting at 3rd level that removes their level adjustment, maybe called "Quick learner"?

This would honestly feel a bit more fair to me in regards to the penalties that the level adjustment adds to you otherwise.

Would anyone be willing to pick this mod up? Or perhaps anyone knows of someone else who might be willing to do that?

3. slain556

slain556 Member

Is there a toolset like NWN in TOEE?Like solasta's dungeon maker recently.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Official tools? Just one: WorldEd - it was accidentally packaged in with the Polish version of the Official Patch 2. The modders here both past and present have created all the other tools we use for ToEE modding... some of us make do with HexEdit, Notepad++, pure grit and determination!

5. slain556

slain556 Member

Why are there fewer scenarios than nwn

6. Allyx

NWN was released with a toolset to allow players to jump in and make mods from the get go. We didn't even find the WorldEd until 2015, and it's a buggy program with no documentation that crashes if you select the wrong things. It's somewhat useful, but far from customer friendly.

The Dev's have stated that the community made tools for modding ToEE are far better than the WorldEd program they used to make ToEE, but even they aren't a complete toolset, so making a new module for ToEE requires using the tools together to accomplish tasks that each tool does best.

The main stumbling block we always fall down on is artwork, the maps for the modules themselves... well that and the time and effort required to put everything together, which is why conversion mods for IWD and IWD2 are being undertaken instead. The art looks right, and is the same scale and same isometric angle etc, but even then translating one game into a new engine is a mammoth undertaking.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  7. slain556

slain556 Member

umm...Do you plan to create a tool to make the scenario easier or is there a way to do it?

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sounds like Anatoliy is doing something along those lines, but modding is modding - you take what you have and start hacking at it.

9. Allyx

Yep, @anatoliy is working on automating much of the conversion processes, theoretically when he's done the Infinity Engine games (Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2, Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape: Torment) should all be playable in the ToEE engine. Of course this won't work with other games as they don't share the Infinity Engine.

anatoliy likes this.
  10. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

I'm working on external toolsets and Temple Python framework, which would allow to convert IE engines to TemplePlus port. There is a lot of manual work as well with such conversion.

And yes. when Temple's IWD2 port will be finished it would allow conversion of other IE games.

Our Host!