Editing PrC Requirements?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Eclypticon, Apr 24, 2022.

Remove all ads!
  1. Eclypticon

Eclypticon Member

I'd like to learn how to mod and I am not sure where to start exactly, so, for myself there are some changes I would like to make.

I would like to knock off the 2d6 sneak attack requirement for Arcane Trickster and set it to 1d6. Ideally, I would just make the Pathfinder feat accomplished sneak attacker and make that work with the PrC, but that is too close to the deep end and my Python is near nothing at the moment.

I would also like to make Eldritch Knight requirements to any martial weapon + weapon focus in that weapon in addition to the original 3.5ed requirements currently in use.

I'd like to make feats and classes too, but I know I need to learn some serious Python scripting before I can attempt do that. And. I have yet to figure out what tools we are using to mod with temple+ as there are a lot of obsolete threads by what I can tell.

Anyone want to help or point me in the right direction?

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

@Sitra Achara (the creater of Temple plus) has created an instruction blog that you would do well to read.

Personally I think that the most useful place for you to start is to locate the file tpgamefiles.dat in the tpdata subfolder of your Temple plus directory and use a data extractor (such as ToEEExtract.exe which is old, serviceable and available on this site but others are recommmended) to extract the data into a working directory remote from Templeplus.

Obtain Notepad++ so you can edit the python files you have exposed.

Search what @Sitra Achara has written on this site about the creation of an overrides folders so that the changes you make affect your game.

Eclypticon likes this.
  3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Eclypticon likes this.
  4. Eclypticon

Eclypticon Member

Thanks mate!

Can you recommend any interactive Python courses/tutorials that will be relevant for this kind of modding? I want to get the most out of my time.

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I don't know of any.

6. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

If you plan to use VSCode maybe give VSCodium a chance (https://vscodium.com/). It is free/open source version of VSCode without the telemetry data for Microsoft.

7. Eclypticon

Eclypticon Member

That's good to know and it runs on Linux too. Sounds like a win.

Our Host!