Sagenlicht Beta: Draconic Feats and more

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sagenlicht, Nov 2, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

Sorry my bad, fixed in the latest push, see below

:) Once the Warlock is done, I'll take a look promised.

Sounds great, lets coordinate this, when you back from holidays :)

I've done a few pushes last days and didn't have the time to summarize it here. So latest pushes contain:

• changed radialmenu.cpp to be more general with at will casting class radials
    • added deeper darkness spell
    • updated darkness and daylight buff icons (auras are now buffs)
    • added help file entries for darkness, daylight and deeper darkness
    • added long descriptions for darkness, daylight and deeper darkness
    • added Dazzled condition (which is used by a lot of Light spells)
    • added spell Radiance (incl. all help files and descriptions)
    • fixed Battle Howler levelup issue
    Link to the latest beta: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/templeplus/templeplus/builds/43322343/artifacts

August, _doug_ and Buffed Rabbit like this.
  2. Sagenlicht

New Update

• Added Invocation Retributive Invisibility
    • Added Invocation Relentless Dispelling
    • Added Invocation Voracious Dispelling
    • Added Invocation Devour Magic
    • Finished changing labels in UI from spells to invocations for the Warlock class
    • Under the hood work in condition.cpp for new Warlock dispel magic effects
    • When a spell gets dispelled, it will now leave a history window entry of its name, not just the roll
    • When a spell gets dispelled it now floats above the critter the spell was dispelled on (instead above the original caster). This is much more intuitive
    • Fixed a vanilla bug, now a spell properly gets automatically dispelled, if the dispel magic caster and the original spell caster are the same person (vanilla bug: automatically dispells if dispel caster and target of dispel where the same person).
    • Fixed a dispel magic bug while area version was used (last target didn't get a dispel effect).
    Known Issues:
    • Voracious Dispelling does not recognize its targeted version and always uses area dispel mode, though it uses the same mechanics as dispel magic. Unsure atm why this is actually happening.
    • Added the python side of the Warlock Deceive Item class feature but it is non functional atm, needs some work on the c++ side as well.
    • Dispel Magic still shows a failure message in the history window if it fails the roll but automatically succeeds (same caster case). This needs some rework in the c++. ToDo.
    Bare any bugs, once the Deceive Item class feature is done, I think the Warlock is ready :)

Link to latest version: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/templeplus/templeplus/builds/43480453/artifacts

I will try to get the merge with @_doug_s' work done in the next days, so you can test it all together. This will be done in a new branch called next_release.

August likes this.
  3. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Glad to see you back again @Sagenlicht

I am afraid I have just extracted 0.1.0-pre+3445 and there seems to be rather a lot missing eg the Templeplus application and the tpdata subdirectory; there also appear to be files I've never seen before.....

4. Sagenlicht

Will take a look asap, sry if I messed up the push :(

August likes this.
  5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Re. Area mode: dispel magic has a hardcoded check in the spell targeting code that changes the mode. Don't remember where exactly, but it could be generalized to a new spell rules field.

I guess it would be nice to also get a visual indication...

August likes this.
  6. Sagenlicht

7. Sagenlicht

Ah ty Sitra for clearing that one up for me. I fully agree, generalizing + visual would be nice

Edit: Found it
    Code:
        if (spEntry->IsBaseModeTarget(UiPickerType::Area)
            && (spEntry->spellEnum == 133 // Dispel Magic
            ||  spEntry->spellEnum == 434 // Silence
            ||  spEntry->spellEnum == 2345) ){ // NEW Warlock Invocation Voracious Dispelling
            (*(uint64_t*)&args->modeTarget ) |= (uint64_t)UiPickerType::AreaOrObj;
        }

Simply adding that mode_target to the rules file didn't do the trick, so I added the above line to spell.cpp and now it works. Still a more generalized way should be the goal. ToDo :)

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  8. Pygmy

9. Buffed Rabbit

Buffed Rabbit Established Member

yay! updates!

10. Sagenlicht

Next update
    • Added TakeTen to skill.cpp
    • Added Warlock Deceive Item class feature (gives option to take a 10 on UMD skill rolls)
    • Fixed Invocation Voracious Dispelling Single Target Mode (generalizing ToDo!)
    I do not plan to add more invocations or features for the release at the moment, so I think all that is left is handling the known issues:
    • Eldritch Chain - too many targets
    • Penetrating Blast - The Essence modification works fine, but the tooltip of Spell Resistance will not update and show the non lowered amount. This is a visual bug only and it is not python releated. Tested on a Vrock. [Will not be fixed for release]
    • Charm (renamed to Warlock Charm) - You can control unlimited targets atm. Don't do it!
    • Flee the Scence - Range of the spell
    • Sounds for Invocations are missing
    • Invocation exchange at level 6, 11 and 15 is limited to exact spell level. This needs to be reworked not only for the Warlock but for ToB classses as well.
    • Some spells needs particle updates.
    • Spell Focus inconsistencies
    To all beta testers: do I miss something for the Known Issue list? How does the Warlock feel in your game? Overpowered, underpowered, doesn't make fun or is it all fine?

Whats missing and I would like to add it later on?
    • Class feature Imbue Item
    • Extra Invocation Feat (this one seems tricky, maybe I need some brain input for this)

Buffed Rabbit and August like this.
  11. Marcelo Abner

Marcelo Abner Member

@Sagenlicht do you have a changelog of what you have in your nightly, compared with base temple+? I want to test it, but I'll like to know what have before try any kind of build. I've already did a research looking on your +500 commits on your branch, but if you have one easy list, would be better.

Thanks anyway for the effort porting all of this for the game. :)

12. Pygmy

I think it is a really great addition to ToEE, particularly with the Fey Heritage feat chain. I feel that the Warlock should be underpowered but actually in a number of circumstances the Warlock with the Fey feats is probably overpowered at least up to the Moathouse ambush.

For example, the strength of having a 60'+ range for Eldritch Blast allowing safe use with clear line of sight can easily be underestimated until your wizard/sorcerer with a lesser orb keeps getting mobbed by goblin leaders.

Furthermore, DR/Cold Iron and unlimited invocations could have been designed for the Moathouse ambush.

August likes this.
  13. Joe Clark II

Joe Clark II Member

I have not had a chance to test it our yet. Did the Ultimate Magus get included into the beta branch yet? I was kind of waiting for that to try them both out.

14. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

For taking ten (AKA take 10), may we get this as a radial menu option for all legal skills for all classes as well?

Warlock may seem high power at least early game because he has an at-will ranged touch attack that does force (effectively irresistible in this game) damage and some early game DR, which matters. Let's just say Warlock is powerful in the early game of the ToEE module at least.

Thankee!

15. mazuk3

mazuk3 Member

Hello, does anyone how to add the feat via console the power critical - bastard sword and the melee weapon mastery - slashing?
    I would be very grateful

Our Host!