Sagenlicht Beta: Draconic Feats and more

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sagenlicht, Nov 2, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Buffed Rabbit

Buffed Rabbit Established Member

I am remaking the runs in every new patch I get, just to test various conditions with different alignments, skills, feats, and even cheats. If I run into the aura problem again I will remove it with the DM's console and see how it will go

2. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

Another Warlock Update:
    • Reworked Eldritch Essence Effect handling to better handle tooltips etc.
    • Fixed Brimstone Blast secondary burn effect
    • Added Bewitching Blast
    • Added Binding Blast
    • Added Penetrating Blast
    • Added Vitriolic Blast - Known Issue: Vitriolic Blast does not ignore Spell Resistance
    Please reset your Eldritch Essence stance once you updated your version. Resetting or applying a different Essence Stance is enough :)

This update will be the final update about Eldritch Blast and Essence handling baring bugs. I will add a few more normal Invocations, add spell sounds and starting equipment and then "all" that is left is handling some T+ engine things. Which will take some time.

Link to the latest beta: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/templeplus/templeplus/builds/43083658

As always thank you for taking your time and palying around with this beta stuff. Every bug report helps alot :)

Buffed Rabbit likes this.
  3. Sagenlicht

New Update:
    • Invocations are now at will and no longer limited to a certain amount of spells per day (Thanks Sitra :) )
    • Added default starting equipment for the warlock class
    • Added Enervating Shadow Invocation
    I started to added support for dispelled_by_light effects under the hood as the Warlock has not only access to the spell darkness but also somre more invocations that are dispelled by light spells. This is also true for the Assassin, where I already did the spell Veil of Shadow.

I think this is a two birds one stone situation and I will do the darkness spell next :)

Edit: Link to the new beta https://ci.appveyor.com/project/templeplus/templeplus/builds/43119990/artifacts

4. Buffed Rabbit

Please ignore my comment if they have been mentioned in the past:

IMPORTANT:

- I run into a very weird bug where the option to level up as 'Fist of the Forest'(its level:3) was available, but when I clicked the button the character wouldn't proceed on the leveling up sequence.
    [​IMG]

Less Important notes:

- I can't find an in-game description of what each 'Draconic Heritage' types do/give to the character.
    [​IMG]

- Is Improved Shield Bash feat implemented? The new feat: 'Shield Charge' mentions the existence of a shield bash attack.

- Fochlucan Lyrist, on character level up, has the old description requirements.
    [​IMG]

- I think it was already mentioned: All new spells do not have scroll recipes.

5. Sagenlicht

@Buffed Rabbit
    Noted Bugs:
    Draconic Heritage Description
    Improved Shield Bash is not implemented yet, I will check the description of Shield Charge

As mentioned earlier, I never touched the Lyrist, so dunno, but I will mark it for later on.
    About the scrolls (and in the end about wands as it is the same). I will not add any scrolls to the game. I personally do not conceive this a huge problem to begin with, loot is a topic on its own. If anyone wants to add scrolls of the new spells to the game, feel free to do so :)

A more concearning issue on the other hand is, that is not possible to scribe or craft wands of the new spells. But this is on a To-Do list for later on, as this should be automatically be parsed.

Now to the more positive things in life:

I pushed a new beta, which contains a fix and a few new goodies:
    • Fist of the Forest should now be able to level up to level 3, sorry for that
    • Added Darkness spell
    • Added Daylight spell
    • Created a handling for the darkness/light interaction
    • Veil of Shadow and Enervation Shadow update to use the new interaction
    Ok, there comes some ugliness with this new push:

Known Issues:
    • sp-Darkness particle effect (the original one from the game!!!) is too small. I need to increase its radius.
    • sp-Daylight uses the original particle effect of the game as well, I actually did not test if its radius is too small but I guess so too :rolleyes:
    • When Daylight dispels Darkness, its particle effect does not end, I guess because args.remove_spell_mod() and args.remove_spell() do not trigger aoe_spell_ender. I cannot manually end in Python the event and the particles atm, but I want to add this option for such edge cases.
    • When you try to cast Darkness in Daylight, the spell has no effect (it is too low, Deeper Darkness and other spells will get added soon) but it is not properly ended. I need to handle this better.
    Link to the new version: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/templeplus/templeplus/builds/43210464/artifacts

This will be most likely the only update this week. I am not back to 100% health and once I am, it's kids time first :)

Buffed Rabbit and August like this.
  6. Buffed Rabbit

Thank you for your reply (and your work), and I hope you'll get well soon. Can't wait to check how daylight/darkness works in-game.

7. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Thankee!

8. Buffed Rabbit

G'day guys, hope you all do well (or better :) ). Some of the new classes and spells are missing from the new patch, was it intentional? (example: dragonmage, dragon disciple and the spell: critical strike are absent).

9. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Please define exactly what you mean by new patch. I have just checked , Sagenlicht's last push, directly above , certainly includes Dragonheart Mage.

If you are referring to Doug's Ultimate Magus patch, Doug has stuck UM onto the last official Templeplus release 1.0.85 which doesn't include any of Sagenlicht's Beta mods. I suggest you read the Ultimate Magus testing thread.

10. Buffed Rabbit

I took the patch from: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/templeplus/templeplus/build/artifacts and downloaded the 'TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+3435.zip'. Then I launched the game directly from it, which (as you mentioned) contains the ultimate magus. Heading to the 'Ultimate Magus' testing thread right now.

11. Sagenlicht

The ultimate magus is not merged into the sagenlicht_beta at this time.

UM is done by @_doug_ and I do not want to merge it into my beta without his permission.

12. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

I also want to see ultimate magus in the same branch with your changes @Sagenlicht. @Sitra Achara asked me to merge my stuff into the features branch. I assume he also plans for you to do that at some point.

August likes this.
  13. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Yeah, lets merge into next_release which includes everything.

August likes this.
  14. Buffed Rabbit

Found a bug similar to the 'Fist of Forest'. I can't progress past level 4 of 'Battle Howler of Gruumsh', the game doesn't acknowledge that I am clicking on the class button during leveling up, preventing me from proceeding. Other choices work as intended.

Edit: Using beta patch: 0.1.0-pre+3439, with latest co8 mod.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
  15. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Look at that build @Sagenlicht; someone else wants to play a Green Whisperer.....

@Buffed Rabbit have you read what @Sitra Achara has written above setting up an overrides folder? Once you have set one up I can supply a very slightly modified file (1 extra = sign) which will temporarily fix your problem.

Sorry both I've been beaten to it

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
    August likes this.
Our Host!