Warlock Class Beta

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sagenlicht, Mar 17, 2022.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I'm starting to think that the radial menu should be manually constructed, since it seems so special-cased.

Question about the arcane stuff with regard to PrC reqs and such: is it supposed to count as anything? Or were you saying that as it is right now, you can gain arcane trickster but not archer, and it should be neither by the rules?

2. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

Fine by me, you want to do the radial in c++ or add a python hook for invocations and I do the radial in python?

By RAW:
    I personally would vote for ignore those RAW rules and open up the Warlock for all arcane PrC's. If you want to play by RAW, just go for it, this is not an online game and it would save us alot of headaches...

August and Buffed Rabbit like this.
  3. Sagenlicht

I've added a Python Radial for testing purpose. I did use the opportunity and filtered out the Eldritch Blast spells and moved them to the Class part of the Radial Menu.

Please let me know, if you like this idea (Eldritch Blast is technically no Invocation and should be found in class features, that's the reasoning behind this idea). If you prefer that all Eldritch Blast attacks are listed in the Spells Radial the change is easily reversable. I personally find it cleaner the new way.

Now if Sitra wants this to be done in T+ itself, you can still give me feedback please, as the result in the game will be the same. In the final version, the label won't be "Invocations" but the class abbreviation again, I just wanted to avoid confusion by using the same label.

Link to new version: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/templeplus/templeplus/builds/42989306/artifacts

Pygmy likes this.
  4. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I really like your new radial menu. I assume that the previous Wrlk radial menu is created by the spells per day table and cannot just be eliminated? My personal preference would be for an Eldritch blast tab and an Invocations radial labelled as such.

5. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

6. Sagenlicht

I've updated the Warlock Beta.
    • I added a skip for invocations in radialmenu.cpp for this beta, so you now have the a cleaner Radial for testing purpose.
    • Fixed the DC of Eldritch Blast
    • I renamed Greater Spell Focus (Invocation) to Greater Spell Focus Invocation because the engine is not able to find its python preqeq in scr/feats if the file name contains brackets. I'd like to undo this name change so please be aware, that if you take the GSF feat, that the save might not be usable after the beta. For testing purpose it should work totally fine.
    • Added Eldritch Doom Blast Shape Invocation. This will be the last Shape Invocation for this beta. I will postpone Hideous Blow and Eldritch Glaive. I am aware, that if you want to play a melee Warlock, especially Eldritch Glaive is a must, but Eldritch GLaive is tricky to do as it contains a reach element (I do have a few other reach things on my list as well). At the moment, reach is something that I can't easily modifiy via Python.

Buffed Rabbit likes this.
  7. Sagenlicht

Updated the Warlock Beta
    • Added particle effects for all Eldritch Essence Stances
    • Finished Help Entries for all Essences
    • Finished all spell_long_descriptions for Essences
    • Added all spell_short_descriptions for Essences

8. Endarire

Are you also doing Eldritch Claws?

9. Sagenlicht

At the moment no.

Next Update.
    • Reworked Eldritch Essence Effect handling to better handle tooltips etc.
    • Fixed Brimstone Blast secondary burn effect
    • Added Bewitching Blast
    • Added Binding Blast
    • Added Penetrating Blast
    • Added Vitriolic Blast - Known Issue: Vitriolic Blast does not ignore Spell Resistance
    With this update 11 Eldritch Essences are availible for the Warlock class. I do not plan to add any more Essences for the first release of the Warlock class.

What Essences are missing that I plan to do later on?
    • Repelling Blast - I need to learn how to move characters backwards :)
    • Utterdark Blast - dolio was working on fixes for temp levels losses afaik and I didn't want to implement something beforehand.
    • Deteriorating Blast - At the moment, it is impossible to reduce damage reduction python wise. I would need this feature for several other feats/spells as well, but as long as it is not doable ofc Deterioating Blast is not doable as well. I will add the Essence once it is doable.
    Missing Essences that are unlikely to be added later on:
    • Hammer Blast - Full damage to objects...
    • Baneful Blast - works like favored enemy and I need to decide what type when I learn the Essence. A lot of hassle for a pretty weak effect.

We are getting closer to a final release candidate :)

10. Sagenlicht

Next Update:
    • Invocations are now at will, they no longer are limited (thanks @Sitra Achara :) )
    • Added default starting equipment for the warlock class
    • Added Enervating Shadow Invocation

11. Endarire

May we get an update to Vitrolic Blast to ignore SR?

Our Host!