Sagenlicht Beta: Draconic Feats and more

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sagenlicht, Nov 2, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

Hmm push runs into an error:
    github error.jpg
    Don't know what I messed up, so for a quick fix: put the attached file into one of your overrides folder in /scr/tpModifiers

Attached Files:

Buffed Rabbit and Pygmy like this.
  2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Thanks 3359 runs now

3. Sagenlicht

4. Sagenlicht

5. Buffed Rabbit

Buffed Rabbit Established Member

I'm going to test it this evening + weekend. Thank you very much.

6. Sagenlicht

7. Sagenlicht

Buffed Rabbit likes this.
  8. Buffed Rabbit

Some small typos and pointers I gathered from this weekend's playthroughs:

- Bugbear racial description on Character_Creation_Screen says -2 Charisma, but it gives a -2 Intelligence.

- Fist of the Forest (wiki-like) description has a minor typo at class requirements, it says 'Survial 4 ranks' instead of Survival.

- Feat: Force of Personality doesn't work.

- Different requirements for Lyrist, comparing tooltip and game info.

- Encountering some minor issues with Marshall's Aura: Master_Of_Tactics. The aura doesn't go away from all members after I travel around. Going to test this more and see if I can manage to recreate it in a saved file so I can send it.

It appears to happen when I move my characters too far away from each other and then enter/exit/load different areas, but the aura still factions as intended if I reapply it. The "problem" feels more like a visual bug on the 'buff indicators' (the small dots above the character portraits) and I haven't experience a crush after 4hours of play. It's a little weird to see that buff getting 2 stacks, though the damage is not being calculated twice.

Mind you this might be a problem from my part, cause I used the console to input gold + experience. For now ToEE runs smoothly and KotB only has that issue.

9. Sagenlicht

I haven't done the Bugbear race, according to https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/bugbear.htm it should give -2 Charisma not Intelligence, which means the description would be fine and the actual rules file has a wrong value. Changing intelligence has an influence on skill points, that's why I am little hesistent to simply change the value in race008_bugbear.py. If it is this ok with @Sitra Achara, I will fix the bug.

I am not sure I can follow you there Buffed Rabbit. You need 4 skill ranks in the skill Survival to qualify for FiFo.

Just to be sure: Force of Personality only works on Mind-Affecting Will saves. Which means you can't see the effect in the Character Screen, you only see the bonus if you save against such an effect in the history window of the game. Good example of Mind-Affecting effects are Charm spells or Fear effects.

If you did test it that way, my appologies. But I do know that for example in Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO) the feat simply gives the save bonus to all Will saves, but I have (at least tried to) implemented it the way it works in PnP.
    I assume you speak about the PrC Fochlucan Lyrist. Haven't done that one, but I can take a look into the description problems.

That doesn't sound good :( I can't promise a quick fix for this. The Marshal Aura handling seems to need a revisit by me.

No, I do not think that using the console for some gold and xp has any relevance on the above.

Thanks for taking your time and testing all that stuff Buffed Rabbit, it helps alot :)

10. Buffed Rabbit

It's very easy to miss it, as it's a minor typo. It says Survial, it doesn't have the 'v' in it (Survival). As for the 'Master of Tactics' aura I wouldn't sweat it too much, it works! I still haven't managed to replicate the same visual bug in ToEE.

11. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Invocation 2343 is called "Flee the Scence" in both Class033_Warlock.py and in constants.py. The limitless invocation work around still seems satisfactory btw.

12. Sagenlicht

Ah ty Buffed Rabbit, now its fool proof :) will be fixed in the next push.

Ty Pgymy, will be fixed in the next version.

About your workaround. It's totally fine, if you want to use it locally, but for the release this should be done in c++ :)

13. Sagenlicht

14. Sagenlicht

Buffed Rabbit likes this.
  15. Buffed Rabbit

I see. So maybe Sitra Achara wanted to swap the penalty from -2 Int to -2 Char to emulate the additional skill points the race provide, which makes sense.
    The other thing I wanted to mention is that the description needs some more input. I am not sure if there is a space limitation for the class text description but there are some racial features missing.

Suggested Text: Bugbears are massive humanoids distantly related to goblins and hobgoblins. +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, +1 Fort, +3 Ref, +1 Will, +3 Natural Armor, +4 racial bonus on Move Silently, +2 base attack bonus, +1 Level Adjustment and an additional +3d8 monster HD for a total +4 Level Adjustment. Favored Class: Rogue.

[​IMG]

Nop, I haven't test it that way. The in-game description clarifies it, so it was a mistake from my part.

[​IMG]

Yes, and I saw that you already fixed it! Thank you.

[​IMG]

I'm going to do some more testing during this weekend. Thank you for your work :)

Our Host!