Performance Problems

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by justl, Mar 16, 2022.

Remove all ads!
  1. justl

justl Member

Hi

I am having problems with game performance on the temple level 4 - in the central room with Hedrack. (using V8 of Co8)
    No idea what is causing them, but it goes so far, that the gamewindow goes to "not responding", when you wanna click somewhere/thing or move around the frame with arrow keys.

If it happens, most time only a reload of a (hopefully not so far back) savegame helps.
    Only workaround I have discovered so far is to keep the game frame not around the party but go to a completly different area via map view and then let the party travel there - but sometimes even that wont help.

Any idea about compatibility modes (am using W7) or is toee-x completly unrelated to that issue?

best regards,
    justl

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

'Central room with Hedrack' sounds like 'have 6000 buffs going' which may indeed cause performance issues, due to all the spell particles.

Can anyone else comment if this was an issue akin to the Nodes? I vageuly remember people mentioning it before.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I vaguely recall it was the same issue as the node lag, due to one of the fungi particle systems.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yup, here we go:
    That's the 8.1.0 notes (general Node and lvl 4 lag fix was v7) - Justl, you mentioned using v8, are you using 8.1.0?

5. justl

justl Member

yeah, i took a look, its 8.1.0

Our Host!