Some Characters Do Not Level Up with XP

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Jim Rush, Mar 12, 2022.

Remove all ads!
  1. Jim Rush

Jim Rush Member

Hi everybody. I've recently decided to revisit TOEE with the CO8 mod and Temple + to get the new content and high resolution goodness out of it. Eveything is working fantastic, but I've encountered an issue with my characters and NPC's leveling when they've hit the XP limits. 4 of my characters did level up fine when they hit L2 first, but the remaining 4 did not level up. The weird thing is that they do show L2 with their HP at L1 when I hover my mouse over them in the top view on the map. But when I go into their character sheets, they clearly say L1 with the XP now way over the limit with L1 HP and no increases to Skills or Feats. One of them is almost L3 at this point and shows no signs of increased HP, Skills, or Feats. I hope this is not totally broken and can be fixed somehow without resetting everything. I imagine that somebody somewhere has encountered this bug as well and perhaps can shed some light on it. Thanks in advance.

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

What races are the 4 PCs that did not level-up please?

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

At the risk of saying something obvious, NPCs do not generally auto-level, you have to click the yellow thing and level them like PCs. That's an element of the original game we changed.

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Assuming the answer is Drow/Duergar etc, these have efffective level adjustments, which count towards xp requirements. I think that's only reflected in the char sheet in the next version (unreleased).

Our Host!