corrupted saves!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by choovuck, Jul 7, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. choovuck

choovuck Member

well, i know, not so long ago there was thred with the same topic, but there were no solutions of it
    so, can anybody advise something: i have patch2+co8patch+moebius+liv's, starting from my arriving to Nulb, with probability 30% my saves get corrupted - when i load them it says "bla-bla-bla, appears to be corrupted" and it goes to the interior of the Temple... ((
    i tried reinstall game - the same thing
    autosaving is off
    corrupted is quicksave (very often if not always), and now after reinstalling i used only 'menu-saving' - they get corrupted too

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

I don't know if this will help or not, but first make sure you have the latest versions of the co8 and Liv patches. Also, I have read that Liv's patch obviates the need for temple.zip, so you may want to try without that one; perhaps there's a conflict.

3. choovuck

choovuck Member

they are the latest, because i started playing only week ago, and downloaded those patches week ago too
    as for temple.zip - of course it could be, but i doubt, because the liv's mod overwrites the temple.dll anyway, so there is no difference whether i putted the moebius's temple before or not (

4. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Uninstall ToEE.

Go to your C:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil folder.

Delete everything in that folder.

Re-install the game, followed by Patch 1, Patch 2, the CO8 fan-fixes, and Liv's mod, in that order.

You'll lose your save games, but that should fix most problems.

5. choovuck

choovuck Member

well i did uninstall the toee, i did delete all the shit in my folder and i did install it all over (actually WITHOUT patch1 and WITH moebius's one, but i believe that shouldn't make a difference)
    and of course, i copied my old saves (those which weren't corrupted) to it again, and that didn't help
    maybe there is some bug in my uncorrupted saves that corrupt my new saves, but i hope it ain't so )

6. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Copying your old saves may have been the problem. Try and see what happens if you don't do that.

7. Robin Lou

Robin Lou Member

hi, i was I who made the other post about this problem. It has something to do with livynias mod, I'm pretty sure of that since I never had any problems before installing it.
    The problem only occurs when loading quick saves with F9. You come to the interior and if u try to load the file it is lost, corrupted. However if u quit the whole game and then load the quick save it does not get corrupted. Then u can keep on playing as before.

8. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

I think Liv made it pretty clear not to quick save. I don't anyways, and have never had any trouble. But I do remember, however, back in the day when i first played the game (it was new then) with 0 patches and bugs galore, I used to quick save and quick load constantly because I wanted to pick everyones pockets clean and pretty soon I did that so much most of my files got corrupted. So I don't know, maybe it has to do with quick loading period

9. choovuck

choovuck Member

well i agree that it looks lile the most problem is in quicksave, bacause i did quicksaved often and the problems started from the quicksave
    but, Robin Lou, i tried such a thing: i quitted the whole game, i started it again, loaded not corrupted save (not quick one!), saved couple of times (not quick!), and tried loading that new saves - some of them are corrupted again!
    as for Your advice, Old Book, - i do believe, that if i start new game, then the problem will be solved - at least at the beginning of the game (before arriving to Nulb everything was ok though i quicksaved a lot before too), but how do i know if it won't repeat again later on? besides, i don't like the idea to start everything once again )

10. choovuck

choovuck Member

well, i just don't understand - what can be saved in save-slot so that the slot isn't corrupted, but the next saves could become corrupted because of THAT something
    that sounds silly
    if there is Liv nearby, then maybe she can tell me what's the problem (she should probably know if You say that she warned not to use a quicksave)

11. Orrin Oakenshield

Orrin Oakenshield Member

I don't know anything about this problem!
    I have had probs with quicksaves so I stoped using that feature.
    Then I had probs with normal saves corrupting.
    Now, EVERY time I quit a game, I copy the save file to another location.
    I have 2 saves at all times in the backup, the last save & the current save.
    I am playing & enjoying the game. When a corruption occurs, I just go to the backup & continue.
    This procedure may not be elegent, but it allows you to play the game.
    This ol' dwarf can work wonders with duck-tape, too. ;)

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I have had save game's corrupted, mainly the quicksave.

I think you just have to wear it :(

13. Orrin Oakenshield

Orrin Oakenshield Member

14. Robin Lou

Robin Lou Member

well, liv's mod only mention auto saves, somehow the quick saves were damaged in the process.
    If u use quick saves, always have a back up save. These do not get corrupted. If u notice a save is corrupted while reloading, quit the whole game and chose a saved file that is not damaged. You can see which one because corrupted files cannot be deleted when u highlight them. This way u only lose your quick saves and not all of your saves as u do otherwise.

15. choovuck

choovuck Member

well, strange... while in nulb hotel i tried saving, not-quick saves got corrupted from time to time (and i DID quit the whole game after corrupting, and i DIDN'T use the quick save)... but now i quitted that hotel, don't use the quick save - and it seems to work... anyway, all the evening - and none of the corrupted saves
    so, thanx to everybody, see ya soon, when i'll get in trouble again )
    ps. pity that i cannot use F9/F12 though )

Our Host!