Sagenlicht Beta: Draconic Feats and more

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sagenlicht, Nov 2, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

I updated the Unseen Seer class, I added the Advanced Learning Class Feature and the missing Help Entry.

Advanced Learning works differently on the Unseen Seer Class than the in Temple+ implemented one for other existing classes. The Unseen Seer may learn Divination Spells from any class spell list (inclduding divine spell lists). I used the radial workaround to add this missing features, I couldn't think of a way how to solve it otherwise until class features are availible. Speaking of class features, I enabled the Feature selection window on levels 2 8 and 8 but it is empty for now.

The class should be fully functional now, enjoy!

Link to the latest beta built (3305) https://ci.appveyor.com/project/templeplus/templeplus/builds/42387568/artifacts

2. Joe Clark II

Joe Clark II Member

@Sagenlicht I noticed something with the Draconic Breath feat the other day. My character went to use it and it provoked attacks of opportunity. This should not provoke any as it is a supernatural ability. Supernatural abilities do not provoke attacks of opportunity and also ignore spell resistance.

I have not tried it again since, but I figured I would mention it. I can try to replicate it again later tonight if you would like.

3. Sagenlicht

No need to replicate it on your end Joe, thanks for reporting. That is something I can reproduce for sure.

I am not even sure if I thought it should provoke and AoO and I simply did not set the flag :)

4. Joe Clark II

Joe Clark II Member

Thanks @Sagenlicht . You MODers are awesome. I am happy to do my part and play and test and find things that may or may not be issues. :)

5. Sagenlicht

I've added the Orb spells from the Spell Compendium to "beef up" the spell list from the Warmage. I've also started to rework the spell help files to include the Warmage to the spells. I've done this up to spell level 4, so it's WiP. Only help file entry I did not modify was the Wall of Fire spell. I have no clue where you did hide that help file entry @Sitra Achara :)

I've done a short demostration video, as I know Orb spells where requested in a different topic. You can see the help file thing in the first part of the vid. Yes, help file entries are important to me ;)

Known Issues:
    * Lesser and normal Orb of Sound do use the Cold particle versions atm. I have yet to create new particles for sound (todo!)
    * Orb of Electricity does not entangle but dazes if the target wears metal armor. sp-Entangle On does not have a standard spell countdown hook, so I decided I will daze the target for now. I personally find dazing more fitting anyways, it actually irritates me, that fire does this instead. I think Electricity should daze and fire should burn... but yeah.
    * Sound effects for all orbs are missing (todo!)

You may notice, that I've already added more spells from the Warmage to constants.py and the spell list in class047_warmage.py. Those spells will follow :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    anatoliy likes this.
  6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Cool! (I'm guessing that doesn't include Chromatic Orb, though?)

That said, I'm against adding the Warmage to every single spell help entry, unless that is how it appears in the source material. At least, not manually.
    The other way is the really useful one anyway, listing which spells the Warmage has.
    If you mainly need that to add the "child of..." tag to the spells, I recognize that should be supported as a modular add-on property (todo... :) ).

7. Sagenlicht

Chromatic Orb was never done for 3.5, it was in AD&D and returned to 5e. I think their idea was that those single orb spells replace the chromatic orb. I actually considered to merge all orb spells of one level into a single spell and chose the element via radial option. This would make no different for the Warmage, as the class learns all orb spells anyways for free, only the sorc/wiz would profit from this change.

It wouldn't clutter the radial as much though as it does now for the Warmage...

Yeah, thats what I've done basically, I added the TAG_WARMAGE_[Spell_Level] to the help file entries, so I can collect them via [CMD_CHILDREN_SORTED]. I also added ~Warmage~[TAG_WARMAGES] [Spell_Level] to the description, though that part can be optional.

8. Sagenlicht

9. Sagenlicht

Pygmy and anatoliy like this.
  10. Joe Clark II

Joe Clark II Member

Quick question for you guys, is anyone working on any Divine casting PRCs? There is kind of a lack there at the moment. As always great work. I will try the new changes tonight.

11. Sagenlicht

@Joe Clark II
    What Divine PrC classes do you miss? I personally do not use alot of Divine Classes myself, e.g. in my current run through I do not have a cleric or a paladin at all in my group and the only druid in my party is Meleny (which is the reason why I noticed the save game corruption of the vigor spell as I used it for the first time).

12. Joe Clark II

Joe Clark II Member

Some PRCs that would be nice are Contemplative, Divine Oracle, Radiant Servant of Pelor, Sacred Exorcist, Shining Blade of Heironeous, and Warpriest. Those are just the ones from the Complete Divine book. I would throw the Sacred Fist from that book in as well, but is is a Monk/Divine Caster PRC. From the Complete Adventurer is a neat one that is meant for a Rogue/Divine caster called the Shadowbane Stalker.

A couple of these have special domains, assuming they are in the code. Just having a couple would be a huge boon to Divine Casters.

13. Sagenlicht

I will take a look at those PrC's nothing promised though :)
    @_doug_ Do you have any Divine PrC's in mind you like to see?

I haven't heard from @dolio in a while and I know he was working on Evard's Black Tentacles, but I think he never upstreamed it, so I started to work on the spell as well as the spell is such a central part of the Warmage. Small teaser:
    teaser.jpg

Leronz, anatoliy and Sitra Achara like this.
  14. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

Wow! Evard's is a spell I would really like to see. The orb spells are going to be great also.

I'll look into divine PrCs. There are some good ones (Contemplative and Oracle I remember being good) but most of them require new domains which would be a bit tricky.

15. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Holy radiance would be good, not sure how the energy burst at lvl 8 would work. Divine oracle uses Knowledge, Divination , and Oracle domains

Our Host!