Technical Issues: Summon Nature Ally and Mini Chest Not Working

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by CaptRory, Dec 21, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. CaptRory

CaptRory Member

I'm using the Co8 mod and Temple+.

The Summon Nature's Ally spells do not summon things. I think it worked the first time I cast the spell but hasn't since.

Using the Miniature Chest doesn't summon anything either except for some reason an acid cloud if I'm inside the inn when I try it.

Also, the scrolls for the Miniature Chest don't do anything either. I can't scribe them into my wizard's book. I can't cast from them directly. And having my bard spam UMD managed to get one to cast but nothing happened and it used up a scroll.

Any help would be appreciated.

Buffed Rabbit likes this.
  2. OccasionallyGood

OccasionallyGood Member

I have never faced these, but did you try getting help from Jaroo? Choose that one dialog option that makes him recreate your character (something about "spell permanency").
    Regarding the summon spell — do you have currently other creatures summoned? The summoned creature limit is 10.

3. CaptRory

CaptRory Member

I did not know about that.

UPDATE: I didn't so much solve the problem as I obliterated it. I uninstalled EVERYTHING. I uninstalled Co8, I uninstalled Temple+, I uninstalled ToEE including the saved games and characters. I deleted the installation programs for the mods and made absolutely sure they were the most up to date when I downloaded new. Then I downloaded the ToEE Offline Backup Installer off of GOG so I could tell it to install into the C Drive instead of under Program Files and I then reinstalled all of the mods following instructions just to be super sure I didn't miss anything. I made a Druid so I could immediately test and I had out her animal companion wolf (Woofie) then summoned two additional wolves with her spontaneous castings.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Let us know if they are all fixed.

5. CaptRory

CaptRory Member

It is fixed now but I will update if it becomes borked in the future.

Our Host!