Adding new PCs to ongoing game

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by bignickel, Dec 8, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. bignickel

bignickel Member

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but searching for "add character" brings up lots of threads that have nothing to do with it.

Long story, short: I'm using CO8 and Temple+, and found out I'm using the wrong domain for my cleric. I saw a thread suggest "add a new one, and ditch the old one", but can't find a way to do that. I would do 'new' in order to create and modify the party, but would that just restart the whole adventure for everyone? I'm currently at 5 PC's in the character already.

Still in Hommlet, but not sure I want to restart and fight my way back through bog and moathouse.

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

This is a simple two-step process: Firstly you create another cleric in the start-up roster with the characteristics and feats you require, Secondly you load your current game and walk you party into the inn; on the bar you will see a book which you should click on. Come back here if you cannot work out what to do after that.

3. bignickel

bignickel Member

It took some figuring, but I eventually I saw that the portraits to 'click on' were at the bottom left, NOT in the party display.
    Thanks much!

4. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

You can change domains on the fly, no need to redo your PC.

Code:
    game.leader.obj_set_int(obj_f_critter_deity, DEITY_HEIRONEOUS)
    game.leader.obj_set_int(obj_f_critter_domain_1, good)
    game.leader.obj_set_int(obj_f_critter_domain_2, law)
    See constants like DEITY_HEIRONEOUS, good, law here: constants.py. The "game.leader" is selected character, so select your Cleric and run these commands, modify to your desired.

Buffed Rabbit likes this.
Our Host!