Disappearing flasks of oil

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by bignickel, Nov 26, 2021.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. bignickel

bignickel Member

So, after running into the horror of trolls, I bought umpteen flasks of oil and put them on all my guys. I pre-equip them in the weapon slots on everyone. So, in the gnoll cave, I run into a troll, and I think: I'm ready.

Except: after dealing with the nearby gnolls, I go into inventory on fighter Regdar to click on my weapon tabs to find the pre-equipped flasks... and find that the flasks have vanished 1,2,3,4,5. Every tab I check: they're gone. And every time I click on a tab that had them, a flask disappears from Regdar's inventory. No matter: I'll just pick up a flask and drop it on the weapon hand. I do that: and it vanishes. I do it again: it vanishes.

So, for this battle, SOME of my guys do have some bottles (which they chuck); most miss. Then I have cleric Eberk's inventory open, so I move a bottle of purified acid to his hand... and it vanishes. Same with the next bottle.

The only way I survived the battle was Scorching Ray and Tasha's Hideous Laughter. What gives?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'll look into that, no idea what happened. So you're using the tabs? Unusual.

Fun fact - groups of gnolls at tribe level and in an underground lair will have a troll. Its the rules.

"They have a Cave Troll" - Eddard Stark.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Heh. I confirmed that at the time by following the process you described, logged it in my master bug list, and forgot all about it. Thanks.

In future, Bignickel, just keep all such items on the person who buys them (ie have the people who are going to use them actually buy them and not move them between party members). Annoying, but necessary for the moment it seems.

5. bignickel

bignickel Member

Thanks, will do.

Our Host!