[TOE MOD Request] Rapier, Estoc and Armor

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Verllero, Nov 9, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

That's just generic longsword #4 (same as 4055), but some of those long swords (in the 4050s, not the 4030s) are certainly sorta pointy - very different to the short sword which is quite broad (the 4030s ones are broad - and if 4036, 4038 and 4040 look identical, they ARE: its the same model). I guess they took "get rid of the broadsword" quite seriously :rolleyes: Problem is, the longswords don't have the long handle - an estoc should be something you can hold in both hands and ram forward through people. The bastard sword has the big handle but is very broad.

O well, something will present itself. Moving on to the issue of stats, I came up with a bunch of ideas but at the end of the day, it needs to be a rapier otherwise it won't have the (newly implemented) stabbing motion.

And I was all set to make it a piercing bastard sword, not finessable but keeping the 18-20 crit range :( (and the need for an EWP). :oops:

2. Verllero

Verllero Member

3. Shiningted

The sounds are at ToEE2.dat\sound\dynamic\hitsounds, but which one covers the rapier and how to change it, I have no idea.

4. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

4055 long sword with long handle

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Does changing the weapon type, affect the feat and stats of the weapon?

[​IMG]

I was able to change the animation and sound to dagger, without hex editing the temple.dll by changing the value on the weapon type

Weapon Animation Type I don't know what options to put in there though.

6. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Try using weapon finesse with a medium sized dagger.

7. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

I can confirm when I switch the weapon type to dagger, the feats such as weapon focus doesn't apply to the weapon rapier sadly.

8. Verllero

Verllero Member

Hi, Zoltec. How can I install that files into the TOEE?. My apologies, I´m a total newbie "installing" this things. Regards!

NOTE: There are alot of rapier kinds also estocs, so, the dagger sounds and animations fits perfect in those weapons.

9. Verllero

Verllero Member

Espadín:
    220266700_238182160_tcimg_56534230.jpg (720×1280) (todocoleccion.online)

Pin esptha:
    8f6455f548aeb83ed41b09b27bd4184b.jpg (720×540) (pinimg.com)
    There is one in "long sword" size

Must of those weapons are for the Royals or Knights

We can "play modify" with the vanilla weapons from TOEE, but, need to remove or make them more "thin" for Estocs and Rapiers. Another example it´s the English rapier. Remove the front guard make more small the "dish guard" and you have a English rapier:
    c4f19c7548280e439f6a78db662aa005.jpg (736×1333) (pinimg.com)

Espada ropera (same base model, just remove the front guard):
    4c5cedd0-2270-4ccb-bf5f-c5b7ed917400_1.e31b481b8404bab8879ab79489053c36.jpeg (3530×3530) (walmartimages.com)

Anyway, the best way for the Estoc, I think could be an Bastard sword make the blade thin keep the same damage 1d/10 and put the same sound and moves as the dagger.

And by the way, thank you very much for feed this post, TOEE need more things. This is an amazing game. Maybe, in the future we can play multiplayers with others guys...

https://media.tenor.com/images/7366ae69129776ba7660cd8e981460de/tenor.gif

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  10. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

As far as I can tell the weapon anim type field is unused.

11. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Regular Rapier

Installation steps IF Temple Plus is installed:
    You can download the attached file. Simply, extract the contents of the zip file. Look for an "overrides" folder. Copy and paste that on Temple of Elemental Evil folder, run the game and that's it.

The dagger animation should be working since you already modified the original temple.dll. Now for the dagger sound, same answer with Ted, no idea how to implement it on Rapier alone

Note: Now with the thing I did, I simply changed the weapon type from "rapier" to "dagger", and animation for dagger and sound works. The only downside is, when you add a feat such as Weapon Focus for Rapier, it won't add the bonus. Because, the game detects the Rapier as a dagger instead of a Rapier

Yeah, I already browsed your master file for temple plus using notepad++, but couldn't find any code relevant to insert on the weapon anim type field

12. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Ted, these modified models might help you out. I'm not going to be available for sometime again, goodluck!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Verllero

Verllero Member

Thank you, Zoltec. I don´t have Temple+. I have the normal TOEE. What can I do?. IF I install Temple + , can this screw up my progress?.

-----------------------------------------------Animation------------------------------------------------
    I think, IF it´s possible. Can you or some one can change the attack pose for the rapier and Estoc? The correct use of those weapons must be like Alucard pose fight.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/e7ee57c37188bc7e064f1d515b89bded/tumblr_ph9lx5t9hU1v6bs4yo1_500.gifv

In the back the dagger IF the character it´s using (using or not). IF the character it´s using shield, keep the vanilla one.

Regards and thank you.

14. Shiningted

Ok... first, sorry I missed Zoltec's stuff, its awesome, I will certainly incorporate it in my Basket of Mods whenever that appears (getting closer every day!) So yes, that was Pygmy's original suggestion for the longsword, modified by Zoltec - I love how this place works sometimes :)

Regarding a proper two-hand thrust / attack pose: that would be great, to be sure (I love the Dark Souls estoc stuff I have seen) but that's an even bigger request than a new model, by a factor of many. A new model is just that - a new anim requires a whole other set of skills, and has to be replicated for every possible model that is using it (eg the human male, female, dwarf male, female, half-orc male, female, Elmo, Brother Smyth etc). Possibly not as big a task as that sounds, but still a big task which has never been done before. Far beyond my capabilities (which are non-existant for animating things).

So I will try to mod a hacky workaround :)

EDIT: Ok, making a rapier large size (for testing at this point) so it becomes a two handed weapon does not produce a glorious two handed stab, it just goes back to slashing, even though it remains a stabby weapon (Enlarge the character and he stabs with his one-handed large weapon). Next!

2nd EDIT: Trying heavy_lance, which is a stabby weapon in the dll and should be 2 handed, but it produced a weird motion like swinging a heavy flail. Hmmm. Not at all what we want. Next!

3rd EDIT: Setting a rapier OWF_TWO_HANDED does nothing, I seem to remember that being the case... @Sitra Achara , is that right? Do any of the OWFs do anything?

4th EDIT: Changing the bastard sword to a stabby weapon (medium two-handed critter that it is) makes it stabby with the EWP (ie one-handed), still slashy with two hands. Setting the rapier as a two bladed sword makes it two-handed slashy even as a medium weapon and my testing bard is proficient with it: that may be worth knowing. For now, next!

We seem to need something that uses a stabby anim, other than 01. Pity about the heavy lance...

5th EDIT: Changing to anim 03, used by the various spears (both one and two handed), makes the rapier a slashy weapon again. Odd.

6th EDIT: Finally a tiny breakthrough: leaving it at anim 03 and setting it as a spear, size large, causes the PC to do a two-handed stab with the rapier! Yay! Unfortunately its a spear-style stab - right hand on hilt, left hand halfway along the blade - so still not what we want, but a step forward. I think I will change to Zoltec's model before I try anything else.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  15. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I did mention in my post that the table is for single handed wield anims. The two handed wield anim table is adjacent in memory (don't remember if before or after). It's size 74 i think.

Our Host!