Sagenlicht Beta: Draconic Feats and more

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sagenlicht, Nov 2, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Thank you for that. 1st level Marshal much reduced in power now!

I have taken the liberty using the works of your Draconic Toughness feat to produce an Improved Toughness feat which I will post on the Temple+ Modding Questions page as soon as I have tied the last odd and end. Thank you.

2. August

August Established Member

I love this mod, everything looks good so far.

I already had a problem of every now and then rolling a new party and just going ham on the random encounters and this message board is not helping. :D

3. Pygmy

I am finding it impossible to reactivate Marshal's auras if they have been compulsorily de-activated e.g. by sleeping

4. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

Hmm this is a bit surprising to me @Pygmy, I thought I did test the workaround good enough to get you the chance to play around with the Marshal Class :(
    Here is what I think happens: When you rest the Aura AoE spell expires (which shouldn't be the case) and if it does expire, there is no way to re-kindle it. Does this already happen in the same map you activated the aura?

Anyways, the workaround will be obsolete, once @Sitra Achara finds time to add the object_event_end API for python.
    I will redo the aura spell handling once it is added. On the plus side, I redid all aura effects, they now use their own PythonModifier to handle all of their basic stuff.

Once again, I am sorry you couldn't toy around more with the Marshal. Hopefully I can update it soon.

August likes this.
  5. Pygmy

Yes. Actually before his abilities stopped functioning I had a jolly old time doing all the Fedex quests using a Gold Dwarf Marshal with Motivate Charisma.....

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

About that, I looked around and saw that all AoE spells make use of a standard AoE spell end callback (0x100D3430). In python this is exposed via add_aoe_spell_ender, which is further wrapped in the PythonModifier class as
    AddAoESpellEndStandardHook(). So this will trigger the internal object event end when S_Spell_End is signaled.
    Does this address the issue?

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Is it possible to tinker this signal to fix the problem of AoE spells leaving their spell objects lying around eternally?

8. Sitra Achara

I suppose it's possible, but why? As long as the object event handling is terminated, and the spell object is flagged of_off etc, they shouldn't cause any trouble.

9. Sagenlicht

Thanks @Sitra Achara, that did the trick, should have known this :(

I have redone the Marshal/Draconic Aura handling completely, looks great now.

Only thing left now for the Marshal class is the learning workaround for the aura feats everything else is working fine.

Is it possible for me redo the dat files in a branch or do I need your help for that Sitra?

August likes this.
  10. Sitra Achara

Feel free, just make sure to be up to date with master ofc.

BTW can you add this tisbit to the wiki guide?

11. Sagenlicht

Will do Sitra, updating the Wiki is on my ToDo for december, I need to redo my own spellstuff there as well, it's outdated. I would like to finish my work on the Dragon Disciple and on the Draconic Feats first though.

@Pygmy
    I've created a Temple+ branch for the Marshal only, so if you only want to test the Marshal, you can download the TemplusNightly Build 3210:
    https://ci.appveyor.com/project/templeplus/templeplus/builds/41523409/artifacts
    It's still rough around the edges and sadly you would have to start a new game, as the old character probably won't be able to learn new auras, but on the plus side everything is working on my end.

You would have to remove my beta folder from your overrrides though.

Edit: Upated the branch to include some fixes

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    Pygmy likes this.
  12. Pygmy

Sorry I have the above set up but am a bit side-tracked at the moment. Thank you for your help that I only partially took in...... Will test Marshal soonish

13. Pygmy

Congratulations the minor and major auras appear to work now; although there is a tendency for the flagging of deactivated minor auras to hang around on other party members these auras themselves are properly deactivated.

One query: are allies limited to the eight pc/npc slots rather than including hangers-on? I notice that even though he was recognised at the initial activation Meleny's jackal is not gaining the benefit of Hardy Soldiers.

I am afraid the world will mot be seeing my bladesinger as having got away with the pre-requisites for Titan Fighting, I am not prepared to expose the code I needed to use to get Greater Spellsong working (casting wizard/sorcerer spells in light armour) to inspection! Anyway having this feat at 6th in the PRC, rather than 1st level is really silly.

14. Sagenlicht

What do you mean by flagging of deactivated auras? The code for minor and major auras is the same, both use the same functions.

Marshal Auras are not limited to 8 targets, but they are limited to targets that can hear the Marshal and have an intelligence score of at least 3. So I am afraid, it would be WAI that the jackal is not reacting to the Marshal commands. Draconic Auras on the other hand should work on the jackal.

EDIT: At the moment, the aura s only check the hear/intelligent enough part of their target only when applied, the deactivation of the aura if the target gets deafened or feebleminded afterwards is missing atm.
    When the Marshal is not able to communicate with his party members, the aura should automatically get disabled as well. This part is already coded and should be working.

August likes this.
  15. Pygmy

I started off with a 1st level Marshal with Motivate Charisma, took Hardy Soldiers at level 2 and Motivate Dexterity at level 3. I switched off Motivate Charisma and activated Motivate Dexterity. The marshal has 2 aura flags but the other 7 members of the party have 3 (Motivate Charisma, Hardy Soldiers and Motivate Dexterity). No one gained benefit of Motivate Charisma.

Sorry showing my age and thinking 3.5 was like AD&D where the jackal was semi-intelligent (2-4) - of course you'd expect an animal companion to be at the top of the range.

Incidentally would Hardy Soldiers affect a charmed wizard?

Sagenlicht likes this.
Our Host!