Temple+ Bug List

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Aug 24, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Alright, pushed the fix for chain lightning. Still have to do the Fork visuals though.
    I also ported the fadeout effect which was missing in Temple+.

2. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

PENDING:
    I went back to Hommlet to see if I was KOS and NO. So even with The Butcher reputation, the guards in Hommett are not hostile.

However, any attack on a guard will start and remain in combat, pulling in all bystanders. Unlike Verbonc, where they were the attacked guard was immediately exiting combat and the bystanders were ignoring the attack.

And resting in the Hommlet inn starts a guards encounter combat.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  3. hammyh

Re: Arcane Archer.

Imbue arrow is very good now with the new spells. But that is lvl 2 AA.

Imho, the next 8 levels of AA are simply not worth the investment, as continuing the caster class keeps on improving imbue arrow via spell improvements. Or other abilities that would not be improved in AA (bard song, etc). And the arrow enchantment improvements are simply dwarfed by crafting or casting GMW, etc. Thus, 8 levels basically only nets a few minor once/day features.

I have read that there is a variation of AA that has some spell progression. My suggestion is to use this version. This would make AA viable after level 2.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  4. hammyh

Prcs with 10 levels:

The only prc that correctly limits the numbers of levels seems to be Aburation Champion (5 lvls).

*All? 10 level prcs allow more than 10 levels of the prc to be taken.

5. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Actually I don't think it's necessary to limit the majority of other prestige classes e.g. the arcane trickster to 10 levels; I don't see Temple+ being expanded to include all the prcs which were subsequently introduced in WotC splurge books that are generally considered to be vast improvements on the arcane trickster (especially the Unseen Seer) . in any event, serial adoption of several similar Prcs totally undermined the concept of arcane trickster as a 10 level class.

6. Sitra Achara

Yeah, strictly speaking it's not by the rules, but it always seemed harmless enough to me.

7. hammyh

I can see that reasoning. However:

I was thinking more in terms of a number of prcs where going over 10 levels doesn't give you anything, and a player might be better off moving on.

If a player was not aware of this, it would be easy to over-build by accident or assume some value from it.

For example, Stormlord maxes value at 10 and then you are likely better to go back to cleric. Similar limitations with Dwarven defender, Blackguard, Assassin, etc.

8. Sitra Achara

Couldn't reproduce this error...

ButcherOfHomm.jpg

I'm guessing it's being triggered by something specific to your party make up or whatever. As usual, savegame please :)

Edit: actually, I'll try your WotGS crash save. My hunch is that it's because of the zombie minions.

9. Sitra Achara

Just noting that the first is not a bug so as far as I'm concerned it's not "pending". I do recognize the need for improved PRCs however, but that's a topic of its own.

As for getting more than 10 PRC levels "by accident", if a player isn't paying attention after gaining 11 levels in this game (at minimum), then that's really unfortunate... at any rate, I don't intend to change it.

10. hammyh

Ok, I'll remove the pending to avoid confusion, then.

The lack of KOS may have been a rare case; I also didn't see it before in evil groups. This time I went out of my way to be an evil completionist in game, to have a little bit of new play.

I basically killed off or let be killed most of the good npcs and most everything else (Elmo, the nulb spies, pirates, heads of hommlet, Darlia's missions, Ambush the Cannon, etc.).

It really wasn't a big deal except the Verbonc guard kill mission was trivialized.

Let me know if you'd like a different save game. It might not be worth too much effort unless it is reported again.

11. Sitra Achara

Ok I figured that one out. It's because after doing WotGS, you get the Savior of Hommlet reputation, which evens out exactly with Butchering it :p This is probably a bug, but could also be intentional, so I'll leave it be, particularly since it's very situational anyway.

I did find another error that could impact AI triggering though, will push the fix.

12. JDR13

JDR13 Member

Zaxis automatically goes into sneak mode whenever you have anyone else in your party sneak. It's really annoying. Is that something that can be fixed?

13. JDR13

JDR13 Member

Anyone know what causes characters to randomly not have a move during battle? When the queue reaches that character, their action bar is empty as if they've already moved but they haven't. No negative staus effects.

It happens to at least one of my party members during the battle in the Fire Temple against the commander and his salamanders almost every fucking time.

14. Sitra Achara

Things that are known mess things up are concurrent turns option and ready vs spell/approach.
    If you can post a save that reliably demonstrates this I may be able to fix it.

15. JDR13

JDR13 Member

What do you mean by concurrent turns option?

Our Host!