Catching The "Cousin"

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by SharkD, Jul 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

I've killed the cousin, but am not sure how to complete the quest. What else do I need to do? There's no further dialogue along these lines.

-Mike

2. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi
    To complete the quest, report back to the Viscount at his home (there is no way to report about the cousin quest at his "office")
    The Royal Canadian

3. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

Awesome, thanks!

-Mike

4. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Cousin Quest? Im missing something here...

Someone shall drop some light over me about this question?

5. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

It's the Verbo quest involving the Scarlett Brotherhood in the inn.

6. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Involving the leader of the mob there? This Quest was not broken or something? My game have stoped a couple of times when I ty to complete that question, and so, I never tryed it again....

7. Emirkol the Chaotic

I'm not sure but I think it's a little incomplete and being worked on (expanded) for the next release. Basically you have two choices when you talk to the Scarlet Brotherhood upstairs in the inn.

You can follow their request and kill the Viscount or tell the Viscount of their nefarious plans and kill them. If you choose the latter, the quest is "botched" as it's an "evil" quest. I think they're working on a "good" ending.

Please understand it's been awhile for this section, for me, so my info may be a little off...

8. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi E.T.C.
    What actually happens is this. If you report the plot to the Viscount, the original quest "Remove the Viscount" (or whatever it's called) is marked as BOTCHED. At the same time, you are given a new quest "Catching the Cousin", where you are supposed to "arrest" the Assassin. After you deal with the Assassin and his guards, and report their demise to the Viscount (as I mentioned in an earlier post you can only do this in his home after "business hours") "Catching the Cousin" will be marked as completed.
    The Royal Canadian

9. Emirkol the Chaotic

Damn! See, now I did all that, but for the life of me cannot remember getting the quest "Catching the Cousin"!. I got the botched quest for the Brotherhood, though.

Most likely I screwed up on my dialogue/actions somewhere.

I did warn you all.....

10. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

Is there any way to actually arrest Darlia? I read in the walkthrough that there's some extra content if you arrest rather than outright kill him, but no matter how high I pump my dialogue skills with all manner of spells there seems to be no way to convince him to surrender when confronting him for the Viscount ("Catching the Cousin").

11. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

I have not played so far through the game but I would assume that between talking him to surrender and killing him would still lay the way to use non-lethal damage to beat him unconscious and arrest him that way?

12. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

Iirc, you don't arrest him, but rather tell on him to someone...at the Constabulary. Pass some time and he will be in jail downstairs. Then talk to him in jail.

I think the extra content changes depending on how many of his quests you have accepted to do. As long as you don't finish the second quest, this variation of the quest path should work.

Edit:

OK, I tested this and it seems that you are correct in part about this. If you have taken the last quest, and tell on him = you are then taken to see Wilfrick.
    • Darlia will attack if you are deputized and you personally go to get Darlia. His dialog forces an attack at this point...ie, he has no dialog options to surrender.
    • If you decline to get Darlia, but do tell Wilfrick there is a job on him, Darlia will be arrested and will be in prison days later.
    You must decline Wilfrick's request to get Darlia. Then wait some time and talk to Darlia in prison to initiate the ambush variation of the path.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    Isewein likes this.
  13. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

If I rat him out to the constabulary, the Captain just takes me to the Viscount who tells me to go arrest Darlia myself. :(

EDIT: Ah sorry, should have finished reading your post properly first. Indeed denying Wilfrick worked - I hope he won't be angry with me for that though.

Our Host!