Strange Moathouse Respawn

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Oleg Ben Loleg, Nov 18, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I never had any problem with that quest so far. But this time Quest started like always after dealing with fugitives. I Get message from Captain Asaph, go to Moathouse. But Moathouse is only partially repopulated. Outside everything is fine, first level the same. But down in the room next to where you found Nibble the two blood Amniotes with the Hulking Corpse are missing. Further down the Nightwalker is there alright. But the room where the witch is suppposed to be is completly empty. Problem is that I'm stuck here in my game progression . I tried already to cheat in the witch letter so I could go to Gnarley Forest, kille the Drow and talke to the witch. But that doesn't complete the quest in my log book so I can't progress to Hickory Brunch.
    Any Ideas appreciated.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ugh... I made that, but I didn't incorporate Capt Asaph. Hmmm...

First, the quest 95 (season of the witch) - is it green or blue or red or what in your book?

If you have to kill the witch to get rid of everything, try

game.global_flags[249] = 1

Then go back to the noticeboard I think? Having a quick look, that should do it.

3. Oleg Ben Loleg

Thanks fot reply. I woul say it's white (or slighlty pink) Status is mentioned.
    Do I have to use cheat console with game.global_flags[249] = 1, or do I have to copy that into one of my ToEE folders?

4. Shiningted

Hmmm, that's what it should be to activate the Witch. No idea why it is buggy. If you don't mind I'll wait and see if this happens to anyone else before I go deep diving into it.

And yes, try game.global_flags[249] = 1 in the console. If that doesn't fix it let me know and I will see what else I can come up with.
    I love that :D

5. Oleg Ben Loleg

Thanks a lot. You saved my day (and game):D. I think it's actually a very rare bug. In all the years that I play this game so far I've never had anything like it. I got used to a couple of minor bugs every now and then like problems with hidden doors or lasting spell objects that even Jahroo can't help about but never had anything that was game breaking.
    Anyway after entering your code I could pick up the next message from Captain Asaph in Verbobonc.

6. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

How do you complete "Season of the Witch"? I've rooted out the undead, resqued the witch's sister from the Drow, yet there is no Captain Asaph to report to and the Quest remains violet in the log ("mentioned").

7. Shiningted

Resqueued
    Apparently the triggering script is attached to a notice you get from Captain Asaph, to the effect of "thanks for doing that, don't expect a reward". Not sure where you get that if not directly from the man himself, maybe check the noticeboard?

8. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

Right, should have thought of that myself. Cheers

Our Host!