Volunteers needed - beta testing next Temple+ release

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sitra Achara, Oct 1, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

This worked.

Shiningted likes this.
  2. hammyh

FIXED
    5/5 + crashes so far in the 1st battle (Wakefield) of Wotgs.
    • always crashes upon the death of the last enemy of this first battle. Doesn't seem to depend on which enemy.
    • never crashes before that point.
    • will always crash if I attempt to save the battle at any point in the battle.
    • using the same interior save each time before transitioning to the exterior battle. The party is buffed.
    I've uploaded 4 .dmp and 1 log.

Edit: I've tried entering the battle with no buffs at all and I can save the game in battle. So this suggests [to me] that one or more buffs could be crashing the game at this point.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Seems to be related to Wind Wall covering too many targets (limit is 32).
    Can you post a save? It saves me a lot of time :) (pun unintended, hehe)

4. hammyh

*To see a crash: exit through the door to the battle and once the dialog has finished and the battle has begun... attempt to save the game.

(yes, I saw the long list of wind walls in the log file. I thought it odd -as I don't have any wind walls cast. The enemy might cast a few wind walls, though.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  5. Sitra Achara

Just dropping a small notice that I'm going to be less available since the daycares are on strike. Hopefully not for long...

Isewein and anatoliy like this.
  6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I miss our old emojis sometimes.

7. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Please is 0.1.0-pre+3153 likely to be incorporated into the next release sometime after the end of your daycare strike? I am enjoying the DMM cleric so much that I am now 10 beta releases behind in my testing! Thank you

Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  8. hammyh

I've incrementally been testing every new beta. I don't think you'll have issues if you were to upgrade to the latest beta. There probably are less bugs in it than in the earlier beta releases and you are likely missing some nice changes.

Also: it looks like 3164 introduced the divine metamagic feat, which might be of interest for your testing.

9. hammyh

I've gone into this battle without any buffs initially and it still crashes. I'll try a few more times unbuffed. After that, I'll just have to wait and see if some issue can be determined. (When you have time, ofc).

Also: I see the Elementalist casts wind wall in that fight. Maybe that is the cause of the bug.

Edit: Got through this battle starting with no buffs, without crash finally. whew. I'll continue from this point. I basically disabled the enemy casters from the start...I don't know if that had anything to do with it not crashing, though.

I'll carry on with some quotes from Fruella from this battle
    and
    The positive side to retying battles is getting to hear Npc comments ...

10. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

The limit mentioned is for a single spell, so the buffs you go in with shouldn't matter.

Is there special code in the Wind Wall script that could go haywire and add too many targets or something? Sometimes scripts check if they're cast by (specific) NPCs and override what the AI did, because the AI decisions aren't appropriate for the particular spell or something.

11. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

It's funny how there's even a reason under the hood to nail the casters first... :)

12. Kriegdoom

Kriegdoom Member

Thats nothing ... this is a MASSIVE change for tacticians, especially at lower levels:
    • Fixed reach weapon able to attack adjacent opponents (will now have donut shaped threatening area)
    Personally, I like it, as current version makes non-reach two-handed weapons like Greatsword seem silly. But prepare for very different combat, and feat choices may be affected.

anatoliy likes this.
  13. hammyh

Some good news: The remainder of the War of the Golden Skull battles happened without problems. Only the very first battle is buggy.

PENDING:

One exception was a game freeze - not a crash, but a freeze.
    - I'm guessing this is related to the throwing weapon placement upon a missed javelin shot, when the shot was at the edge of the screen/playable area. ie, placement of the missed javelin. It was targeted at the right top archer. The freeze was at the time of this missed shot.
    upload_2021-10-5_11-26-32.png
    Attached is the log and the .dmp that occured after I forced ToEE to shut down.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  14. Sitra Achara

Good news, strike is over! I was really worried it'd go on next week too...
    Back to bug hunting!

anatoliy likes this.
  15. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

Finally!! :)

Our Host!