Temple+ Bug List

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Aug 24, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Got it. You cast Dispel Magic in the fight? Or Zuggy did?

Less likely - you cast True Seeing?

2. DarkStorm

DarkStorm Established Member

I am currently reversing the chain lightning renderer for OpenTemple and it's a bit of a nightmare.
    Bugs so far:
    When targets are more than 1500 inches apart -> random memory gets overwritten (this shouldn't happen due to the spell reach).
    When targets are a specific distance apart, and the RNG rolls a very specific number -> division by zero :-D

(This is in response to hammyh's crash report, which is a division by zero in the renderer)

3. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

If you rescue him then wait a few days you can get a twin of the sword as a reward

4. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

Both in fact!

I remember about Scather, I just prefer not to use this kind of gamey approach but try and think what the PCs would do.

5. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

Temple+ prcs: Arcane Archer

Arcane archer Imbue Arrow does not end Bard song, unlike normal spell casting.

I'm not sure how much a priority this is, but noting in case it is a worthwhile fix.
    (Fwiw: 10th lvl Imbue bard is now really strong. Iron Horn/Wave of grief/ etc. and endless Inspire Courage...)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  6. Shiningted

Ok thanks for confirming, that can be fixed :)

EDIT: And here's a quick fix, tested even. I just added a has_met check, I was going to include a check to make sure you are outside combat but I like the idea of someone attacking the vampire and triggering Thrommel's 'wtf???' dlg accidently (not that you would need to cast Dispel Magic in such a situation, but why deny the chance). Added a couple of other minor things, like his death cry and some turn_towards_speaker moments.

Didn't get any sort of result with True Seeing but I tihnk that is an old issue.

2nd EDIT: True Seeing works but is set up (in this case) for if Thrommel sees you, rather than vice versa. That's funny. Will tinker that later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  7. Isewein

Cool, thank you. I'm curious though, why would Dispel Magic / True Seeing trigger a dialogue in the first place?

8. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Thrommel has an illusion cast on him to make him look like a vampire. So dispel magic "undoes" it and triggers the dialogue...

Isewein likes this.
  9. Isewein

I see, and having talked to him already initially without casting that spell first (I think my Bard recognised him?) leads to the bug.

10. hammyh

I've never tried casting DM on Thrommel. I just tried and it doesn't do anything in or out of the party. But you can have a convo with him when he's in the party where he say he's aware of his Illusion. I've always just talked to him without any preparation.

Although this time Fruella said "who is that man...go talk to him and find out" which was funny. I wonder what the other Npcs have to say.

11. Shiningted

Yeah there are a few moments like that around the game, great they are now working. If you've ever got Elmo to do an impression of Fruella, you've heard how most of her takes go - "that room is ugly! Those doors are ugly! That pool is ugly!" Plus now Sitra has explained how they work, I can add more.

So @Sitra Achara - how about the "ugh I just got critically hit!" voices? Zert says his occasionally, so there must be some misfunctioning code to tweak?

12. hammyh

PENDING:
    This is probably not a temple+bug - as I've seen this before long ago - and while a little odd, the impact is purely cosmetic. This random encounter does indeed produce 2 bears.

upload_2021-9-29_14-35-54.png

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  13. Isewein

The most fearsome foe of all! :D

14. Shiningted

The Mandalorians have been uppity since they got their own series.

15. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Small update on this: the bug is caused by having an overly long arc. We've managed to increase the usable range a bit with a simple hack, but it needs a full rewrite to handle the range in your screenshot I reckon.

Funny side note: while debugging this, I noticed that there is no range enforcement for multi-target spells (other than a generic distance < 125 ft). I thought an easy workaround would be to limit the distance in the spell rules, but as it turns out it doesn't even work :p

anatoliy likes this.
Our Host!