Spell Compendium Mod

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sagenlicht, Feb 28, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

Okay, I can see it happen with the mace of smiting. I also see it happen with a masterwork mace. I think maybe the 3-argument item condition for smiting/masterwork is a factor.

Edit: doesn't happen with the +1 light mace, which only has an enhancement condition, not masterwork.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  2. dolio

Okay, I did a little more experimenting. I think there are two different bugs involved here.

The first bug is that when there is a 3-argument item condition, something in RemoveWielderCond results in a failure to remove an item condition added from Python. This causes the permanent Disrupting Weapon, and I still don't see the problem in the logic. The final loop looks fishy, but if it is, it doesn't make sense to me that it still works in some cases.

The second bug is that when e.g. Greater Magic Weapon expires, it always deletes the last item condition. So, if you cast GMW, wait until it has less than 1 round/level left, then cast Disrupting Weapon, the GMW expiration will remove the DW effect instead of the GMW effect. This also happens if you cast Magic Weapon just before GMW expires. The expiration will remove the MW effect instead of GMW, and you'll have a better enhancement bonus until MW expires. Presumably this works for other spells, too, so if you cast Keen Edge then GMW, you probably get something that is keen for 1 hour/level and enhanced for 1 minute/level.

If you cast GMW then DW on the right weapon, the combination of the bugs will also result in a permanent GMW, regardless of expiration order. The DW removal will get confused and become permanent, and then GMW will expire and remove the DW condition, but leave the weapon enhancement.

3. dolio

@hammyh BTW, you can fix the spiked chain with:

Code:
    game.party[5].item_worn_at(3).item_condition_remove('Disrupting Weapon', -1)
    @Sitra Achara I guess this is a clue about what part of that function is broken, but I still don't see why.

Edit: Oh wait, I do. :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  4. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

good stuff. Let me know when solved and fix is in. I'll try it in the fire node on the Bodaks. (the spell itself is quite potent).

5. hammyh

Also, re DW...

Do you think it would be desirable to give it a graphical effect while active -ie maybe color the weapon pink or some such while active? It is a fairly short term effect. Just a thought.

6. dolio

It does have a weapon glow. You can't tell? :)

I think it's some kind of silver color, so maybe it's too subtle. There weren't a lot of good options to choose from, though.

7. hammyh

Ahh, I see it when it is the only active weapon mod. GMW also adds a similar glow, so that can make it hard to distinquish on/off visual.

Holy weapons also have a glow and maybe some other stuff is silvery, as well. Which can be tricky to distinguish.

8. dolio

Only one weapon glow of that sort can be displayed at a time. DW sets the weapon glow to 5 unless the value is already bigger, which I thought is the way most stuff works. And I thought GMW used weapon glow 1. But maybe I'm mistaken about one of those in a way that allows GMW to override it.

I guess I could make a particle effect instead. Some people seem to really dislike their weapons having effects, though. Or is it just the particular outline effect they don't like?

9. hammyh

The multiple effect duration bug might make it hard to distinguish at this point. I'll whine about it after that is sorted. ;)

10. dolio

@hammyh Disrupting Weapon on masterwork stuff should be fixed now.

11. hammyh

Looks good. Nice.

I tested it on Morning star +1, GMW+KE+DW spiked chain, MW spear, +3 mace of disruption. Durations were good. Tried on zombies before and after spell-ending message to be certain.

• I suppose it's minor after getting that fixed, but I want to remind about the CL info in the selection menu description.
    • The weapon glow is hard to see with a number of extra spells on (GMW, holy, smaller weapons with some of the aura spells on a character), but...the "a spell has ended" shows...so that is some indication at least. Which is actually enough for me.

12. dolio

Yeah, I haven't forgotten about the description.

I could add a buff indicator that appears when you're holding a disrupting weapon. Sagenlicht is adding those to some of his spells. Maybe that would help sort things out?

Weapon glow is definitely not ideal, since it can only display one thing. Most of the alignment-based effects will override everything else, I think.

13. hammyh

That might be a good idea. The only other indication is that a qualifying undead has made a saving throw (combat log).

I realize that there is a limitation of 8? visible tabs, but it's always nice to see stuff like haste, divine power, etc when possible. Also Dis wpn would be nice.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  14. dolio

Yeah, I noticed your party had a lot of buffs going in your saved game, so it'd be close to overflowing.

Maybe I should submit my Reciprocal Gyre implementation. :)

15. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

Did you take a look on my last update? Everything would be working and if the solution is ok with you and Sitra I would add the tooltip/effectTolltip to all my weapon enchantments.

Our Host!