Favour needed!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Shiningted, Sep 19, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hello Co8ers,

I need some specific help for IWD.

I need people who have played the demo - doesn't have to have been recently, you could have done this a year ago, and it doesn't matter at what stage you stopped playing - to zip up the .pyc files in their data/scr folders and post that zip here, so that I don't accidently remove a file that is abstractly called by some internal thing. If that makes sense.

Best of all, the more of you do this, the less likely I am to make a mistake :)

If you have played the demo recently but don't get what I am asking, say so and I will try to explain more thoroughly.

Please mention where you stopped - "this is from after I finished the Demo", or, "this is when I stopped after the Orc Cave, that was the best part" - when posting the zip.

2. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

Why do you even need pyc files?

3. Shiningted

Really, Anatoliy? o_O

To see which py (and dlg) files are being used, so I don't accidentally cull something that the game is depending on. There's the obvious ones, like the ones we made, or the spells, or Sitra's combat_standard_routines (which was recently recognised by the Library of Congress as one of the core files of the Internet and worthy of historical preservation) but less obvious ones, which may have had some routine it was easier to call than reproduce, well, I don't want to miss any.

Yes I am being overly cautious, but an example - KotB is easy to tell what belongs, its everything over 00400. But we also included (and modified) 00074lubash and 00292journal_critter because it was easier (at that time) to mod those existing files than make new ones.

I don't 'need' the pyc files themselves :p

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Kill em all!

5. Shiningted

A mod where I culled every file does make for a small download...

Our Host!