Volunteers needed - beta testing next Temple+ release

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sitra Achara, Oct 1, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Were the flask bugs something introduced recently?

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Yeah, it was caused by the recent deal_attack_damage python replacement. It's almost inevitable when you replace something big like that, so that's why we're doing this round of testing.

anatoliy likes this.
  3. Shiningted

Sure, just making sure it is not some earlier thing I needed to worry about.

4. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

I meant safe in the sense of not any more likely to mess up my game than it would be anyway, being a beta. I'm mostly into the idea of proper reach weapon implementation.

As for the flask issue, I've also noticed that Oil, Holy Water etc. are not single use but can be collected again on the body of the slain enemy after the fight like javelins - I would imagine they should disappear.

5. Shiningted

Is that consistently happening or just if they miss? Because if it is the latter, I am not bothered by it (I actually get a chuckle out of it). In original AD&D (not sure about now) you were expected to score the bottles and roll to see if they broke on impact - I think of a 'miss' as them not breaking (sometimes it misses completely and ends up on the ground).

6. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

Good point - I'll have to pay attention to that.

7. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

Wizards at least seemed to work fine for me. Could you give me some more details on the character that was having this issue?

8. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

Oops, it is only the sorc-based AbChamp that has this issue. (i have 2 sorc-based test characters and one wiz-based; You are correct about the wizard-based.)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  9. hammyh

Re: reach weapon fix: Oddly, all Bugbears with a 2H sword have a donut zone (I looked closer after observing odd trip-attempt behavior from these particular enemies).
    upload_2021-9-14_2-40-7.png
    No 2H sword weapons available to PCs seem to have this donut currently, so...maybe the weapon is referenced differently? (guessing)...

Edit: There also may be some character model weirdness? Tuelk with any weapon has 1/2 of the weapon visual zone of all other characters (and this is the case in combat, tested). Odd. It's like he has a small size setting for combat. But no one uses Tuelk anyways so....maybe not worth too much time, unless a quick fix.

10. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

The bugbear greatsword is classified as a glaive in one entry in the protos.tab; prior to the donut correction I always thought this was a nice little bonus for the monsters but as it now looks silly I guess it will have to go.

The abjurant champion meta-magic and sudden metamagic feats invoke high-level functions to perform their effects; I am wondering whether these are operating above or below the rule that states that applying metamagic to spontaneously cast spells extends casting time to at least one full round.

I have just started a party with an aasimar sorcadin, I will try to see if the rapid metamgic feat has any effect.

11. hammyh

It seems the Rapid Metamagic Feat is working for a sorc with Extend Spell. Since the feat needs 12 spellcraft, I thought that I might use a convenient save point to quicky check this for you Pygmy. This way you don't have to immediately console either skills or xp, to make a timely test.

I ran a quick test of a lvl1 prc Abjurant Champion sorc-based with the Rapid Metamagic feat. A shield spell (automatically extended from prc class) or any other abjuration spell (resistance,etc) with this feat takes a normal action, not full round. Whereas the other sorc-Ab-Champ without takes a full round.

TLDR: If Ab Champ wiz works specifically for Abjuration spells, then the same logic/code with one further feat for a sorc (ie, Abjuration spell + extend + quicken + Rapid Metamagic) should fix that PRC issue.

(That's all I can comment. I reverted back to a recent save, as I'm trying to run through the game in a normal-ish fashion.)

12. Windscion

Windscion Member

Build 3078
    copied contents over to AppData/Local/TemplePlus/
    Try to run.
    Progress bar get 20-25% full then poof!

Using earlier run, I had experienced lock when spiked chain weilder was eaten by giant toad. Had to start powerdown before it went away.
    Ending up powering down and restarting after 5 seconds pause because 3078 hard failed.

But now, 3078 still fails to start.

13. hammyh

Interesting. I had a number of crashes in Emeryd's Run and iirc in each case the King Frog had grappled Tuelk (Spiked Chain). And although I have yet to do some ruruns of that, that was one of the conditions I had planned to force to see if I could find a pattern.

Obviously that is pure speculation...and not concrete. And it was build 3022, I think. (Before the reach weapon change. However, I suspect these reach changes had no impact on Spiked Chain at all)

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I just wanted to mention a suspicion.

14. Windscion

Windscion Member

It's fine. Rollback to 3076, going fine, tho no PCs were eaten this time thru.
    Tried 3079, died. Returning to 3076.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  15. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Right, sorry about that - that's what you get when pushing commits in a hurry :p
    Should be fixed now. Also includes dolio's Disrupting Weapon fix.

Our Host!