Plan: ToEE Hireling Overhaul

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Endarire, Aug 24, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Is that a current thing Sitra or in the new release? Very impressive :) Now none of this, "optional" nonsense - as Endarire said, its only being used since it hasn't been fixed, ergo now it is fixed it shouldn't be used...

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I agree that in principle it's a proper fix, however I'll add a house rule to let it remain the way it is, for 2 reasons:
    1. Users may have already specced their chars for polearms in existing games
    2. It's not yet clear if the AI will follow the same rules

3. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

^makes sense. I've complained about this issue and definitely will use the fix.

But...I've been observing my reach weapon style with this latest test play and I noticed that it won't change a lot for me. Even though I have some reach-users, they are almost always behind short-weapon hitters by habit. I like the variety of weapons.

Putting it in a house rule allows those that want to tailor the game and could make it easier for new players.

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Just to clarify, the default will be donut reach, the house rule option is to restore it to vanilla behavior.

FDR4PREZ and _doug_ like this.
  5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

My PC is unable to run Temple+. So when I wrote that I havenĀ“t played TEE for a while and that last time reach weapons could be used in melee, I was referring to the Co8 modded ToEE without Temple+.

Our Host!