Spell Compendium Mod

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sagenlicht, Feb 28, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

@Sagenlicht
    I'm still looking forward to your implementation of inspirational boost for Bards!

2. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

Putting this in the correct thread.

Divine Protection (divine, lvl2) also crashes consistently immediately after placing the AoE, with just one+ PC/npc in the AoE. It does not crash if the AoE area is empty or seemingly if the AoE contains only summons or an animal companion, or the signpost in Hommlet.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    Sagenlicht likes this.
  3. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

Sorry for my late reply, I am currently busy with my kids school holidays.

I will look into the crash reports. Though I might need help in that regard in form of dump files.

I will fix Faith Healing, I simply misread the spell description, doh!

About the non stacking issue help. Noted and will have a look into this, but the spell mentions morale bonus it is description. It is not possible to mention every spell not stacking with itself, that's the reason why I always mention the bonus type in the description.

I originally had a help file entry for bonus types, but this was not merged into T+ afaik.

4. Sagenlicht

Fixed Faith Healing and both crashing issues. They will be availible once @Sitra Achara merges the commit and regenerates the dat files.

Thanks for catching those errors!

5. hammyh

I may have included older spells that are not part of the spell additions, however I thought it might be convenient to also list them here.

Issues:
    • Visage of the Diety, Minor: It has no icon display - which means duration is a little tricky to judge. And although the elemental damage reduction does indeed work, the effect does not show in the combat log (unlike resist fire, for example).
    • Crushing Despair skill penalty does not stack with Doom. The saving throw penalty does stack. And all other spells with skill penalties do stack with each other, with the exception of Crushing Despair + Doom. Crushing Despair is not only of a higher level spell than most of the similar spell effects, but also has less or equal penalty...so Imho Crushing Despair should indeed stack with Doom.
    • Fairie Fire does not work (did it ever work?). Text should be changed to indicate this. This is a legacy issue that has been around for a while, I think.
    • Minor: Wave of Grief has no description of duration. Should be 1r/lvl
    • Very Minor: Demon Dirge/Devil Blight text should indicate that only works on outer planes creatures. (ie, not humans)
    • Very Minor: Bestow Curse functions correctly, but when cast on a party member the skill window shows a -243 penalty. lol.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Sagenlicht likes this.
  6. hammyh

Cleric 5th level spell Disrupting Weapon
    -has a text error that throws an exception in the logfile (missing a parenthesis or something). It's not game-breaking but it does mess up the spell selection menu a bit; it displays a few lines of error text where the spell name should be.

7. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

Disrupting Weapon is something I added (it's actually a core spell). I'll look into it.

8. Sagenlicht

Devil Blight original spell description from the SC Sourcebook:
    I changed this to stun any devil subtype as there is no Bateezu subtype, but the remainder of the spell works the way as described in the Sourcebook.
    This is the in game spell descripton:
    Now, I am unsure if it is not clear that a lawful evil alignment doesn't give you the lawful or evil subtype? A human is just a human, not an evil or lawful subtype, even if his alignment is LE. If this is indeed confusing, how about adding: "Alignment does not grant subtypes.".

The same holds true for Demon Dirge

Bestow Curse, Crushing Despair and Faerie Fire are core spells, I have not touched them, though if @Sitra Achara wants to, I can look into them.

Will look into Visage :)

9. Sagenlicht

Pushed the Visage Icon fix. You can test it, as soon as the .dat files are recreated.

About the Combat Log Feedback. If you click on the damage you can see the reduction.
    Visage Cold.jpg

10. hammyh

Ah, ok. Not a big deal. I'm not that well-versed in the definitions and my first inclination was to test it on a character. I just assumed that it could be a common misinterpretation.

However, I did indeed validate one version of the spell on Falrinth's Quasit.(chaotic/evil).

11. dolio

I'm pretty sure 'devil' is the Baatezu subtype in ToEE. The MM doesn't even have a subtype for non-Baatezu devils, nor non-Tanar'ri demons. The SRD pages on them are just "Devil" and "Demon," probably because the other words are trademarked.

12. hammyh

Disrupting Weapon

At first I thought this was not working, but then I went to the help text for spells to read the exact description there:
    So I tried this again only attacking the undead that I knew were HD <=caster level, and it did work.

Probably minor, but I'd suggest to add "hd<=caster" also to the selection menu description to avoid confusion.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  13. dolio

Which description do you mean? The longer one still in the selection dialog?

I'm always worried about overflowing the text box with those.

14. hammyh

I have the longer descriptions enabled and the text is :
    You could insert behind the word undead "(HD<=Caster Level)".

First time I thought to try this was on the moathouse respawn undead. 10 lvl CL, undead Morag=14Hd, Blaspheme=18HD. I assumed that it included all undead and initially I was baffled at the limited results. Then after finally reading about the CL condition, I tried again + using the Beads of Kharma (+4CL) and it was pleasantly effective on the Morags.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  15. hammyh

One further thing on Disrupting Weapon:

The duration seems much longer than 1r/lvl. At least 1t/level on a current character's weapon. It has outlasted some less-CL 1t/lvl spells.
    FYI: (Masterwork Spiked Chain, Greater magic Weapon+2, Keen Weapon spell)

Maybe a bug resulting from extra spells on the weapon?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
Our Host!