Magic wepons visual effect

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by The Mortificator, Aug 1, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Again, I don’t think overrides is the issue here, but just for future reference it would have to be
    ToEE/overrides/art/meshes.
    The overrides folder is basically like the data folder, but with higher priority.

2. The Mortificator

The Mortificator Member

If I have understood correctly, I must create overrides folder and put in "art/meshes" folder. As in the art folder there are also "interface" and "splash" folders, have I to put those in there too?

3. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

The directory you created is wrong. You want F:/ToEE/overrides/art/meshes and put the new wg_magic.mdf file into there. Note the overrides folder is NOT a sub-directory of data.

I have tested this and it works very nicely thank you.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The file is round about HERE - I'm not saying it will fix all your problems, but lets see if we can get a modded file working and then go from there.

EDIT: Ahhh, there's a whole other page... yes, Pygmy is right: the overrides folder goes next to Data amd Modules, not in Data.

5. The Mortificator

The Mortificator Member

Sorry for the late reply. I confirm, it works!

Sorry, I don't know how but I read that post but missed the file attached :p
    I downloaded it and put in the right folder

Problem solved, now no more glowing effects for weapons. Thank you very much to all, I really appreciated your help and patience.

Our Host!