Custom Portrait Pack: Women of Royo

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Steelwraith, Oct 1, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Steelwraith

Steelwraith Member

(copied from the other board)

In an effort to contribute in some small way to the modding community, I've put together a dozen portraits by my favorite artist, Luis Royo. Note that there are no alpha borders, due to Photoshop refusing to cooperate with me.

You can get it here: http://members.rogers.com/steelwraith/files/royo_portraits.rar

I'm no coder, but once you guys get enough of the code figured out (or Atari releases a *gasp* game editor), I'll start adding quests, encounters, etc. I've played around with Morrowind's editor extensively, hopefully this won't be much harder.

Edit: I skipped some artwork due to low resolution, face is obscured, nudity, etc... but since some were favorites, I'm going back over them to see if I can add some more. I'll post again when I've updated the portrait pack.

2. Spoon

Spoon Member

I have a few thousand Royo pics in high-res (in the 1024x768 range +). If you need any, PM me and we can set something up. :)

Otherwise, keep up the good work! Same goes for all the modders out there!

3. Steelwraith

Steelwraith Member

Just finished uploading the new portrait pack, now has 20 portraits. If anyone has a favorite that I missed, let me know.

Also, I'm considering a Men of Royo pack, if there's enough demand for one... won't be nearly as fun to make though.

4. Aes

Aes Member

Sounds good. Did you find a way to circumvent the portrait selection bug then? I have a 137-portrait pack just waiting for a fix so I can upload it :]

5. MoonReaver

MoonReaver Member

There is a way to hex edit your character files so that you can select any portraits pushed off the portrait selection list in the game.

The hex address of the portrait should be near the bottom of the character file. You can just search for the hex value of the portrait number in the portraits.mes file. (e.g. 3030) The number is always of the the large portrait. Just change that number in the character file to the hex value of the portrait you want to use.

When selecting that character for a new game, the list will still show the first portrait you selected but in the game it should use the new ones.

Also its a good idea when first creating the character to select a portrait near the end of the selection since it will be easier find a larger number when hex editing.

6. Steelwraith

Steelwraith Member

I believe Troika is addressing this problem in their official patch.

7. Steelwraith

Steelwraith Member

Just finished uploading an update to the pack: now contains 24 women and 12 men. This will be the last update, as the file size is starting to get cumbersome... and I want to start playing the game. :)

8. Spoon

Spoon Member

Awesome Steelwraith! I love this portrait pack.

9. Pelleus

Pelleus Member

alpha border

Can you explain what an alpha border is and how to add one? I'm a newb when it comes to graphics.

10. Spoon

Spoon Member

11. Juggler

Juggler Member

Uh... stupid question about portraits

About adding portraits... how do I do it, and can I use some of the NWN portraits in TOEE? Please help. I'm not sure if this question was alredy answered. Thanks.

12. Tallas

Tallas Member

Says your personal webspace has exceeded its bandwidth usage for the month. Anyone have an alternate link for it they're willing to share?

13. Steelwraith

Steelwraith Member

Sorry about that, it seems my portrait pack was more popular than I thought. The bandwidth will reset at the beginning of the next month, though if anyone wants to host it, feel free.

14. kingkull

kingkull Member

royo links

Has anyone been able to pull the royo_portraits.rar file and if so could they link it in so more ppl can get their hands on it...?

15. Tallas

Tallas Member

Our Host!