Vanilla Bug: Temporary size changes also change land speed

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, May 23, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Greetings, all!

By RAW, enlarge person shouldn't change my land speed (like from going Medium to Large) but it does. This seems like a handy T+ house rule.)

(As an aside, may we also get a T+ 'house rule' that changes the Spellcraft DC for learning spells to 0 or something guaranteed? Learning spells from scrolls should be automatic, and taking 10 on this is RAW, but not supported by the engine last I checked. I know I can save/reload or use DM Mode to guarantee rolls, but I'd rather not need to. Thankee!)

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

Learning a spell from the spellbook or scroll of another wizard never was an automatic success - and it should not be.
    https://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/spellcraft.htm
    However it should not be a problem to have your spellcraft skill on the maximum for your level as a Wizard. Or to temporarily raise your Intelligence.

3. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

@ConjurerDragon
    Adding spells to a spellbook, assuming you're an INT-based caster who maxed INT, is totally intended due to taking 10. For example, Gimble the 15 INT Wizard1 has 4 ranks in Spellcraft for a total of +6. He can automatically succeed in adding any level 1 spell to his Wizardly repertoire by taking 10. This is on the low end. Considering most player-built Wizards start with 16+ INT (and often max INT for their race) and max Spellcraft and ther INT, possibly also gaining items or feats to further boost Spellcraft, this check is a poor holdover from 2e rules about Wizards learning spells from scrolls.

Our Host!