Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I suspect this comes up if you are trying to convert Bing's brother for Terjon as part of the Seven Brides for Seven other Examples of Poor Writing quest. Otherwise just talk to Bing's brother and see what he has to say.
    Not I, that sounds like a Temple+ thing. Sounds like they fixed the, "all NPC followers sneak if one player does" glitch.

2. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

Actually, I've noticed Ronald doing just that (with legendary Hide skills of -2), but none else.

3. Isewein

Blindness/Deafness (the spell) has a duration of 1 day on the description, but the condition doesn't seem to go away on its own at all (just tried resting for a week, no effect).

(Not sure whether that's an issue with Temple+ or Co8, @Sitra Achara ?)

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Let me guess, nulb ambush?
    I think you need to cast Restoration to cure it.

5. Isewein

No, I mean regular cure deafness dealt with it as well, so it's not big issue. I just thought it should be reported since the spell says specifically one day.

6. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

Blindness / Deafness effect should be permanent as for the RAW. Perhaps description is wrong.

Isewein likes this.
  7. anatoliy

I also would report following issues:
    1. Soften Earth and Stone spell does not have adequate area particle, nor malus indicator;
    2. Hooting Fungi (lower Temple level 3) has strange blindness, with no indication how soon it should stop. It did removed itself after the encounter.
    3. Python error: File "scr/py00040hedrack_allies.py", line 80, in san_heartbeat; tuple index out of range.

8. anatoliy

Additionally - there was very strange Random encounter, where some Brigands have HUGE loot. It looks like some testing leftover.

9. Sitra Achara

So about that. Apparently when a PC goes into sneak mode, so do his followers (i.e. whoever is listed in obj_f_critter_follower_idx; this is set when follower_add is called). This hasn't changed in Temple+.

It applies to AI followers too (such as summons), however most of them don't have a sneaking animation so there's no indication that they are. You can see it when summoning a Janni, who uses a human model.

Familiars are summoned as party members normally so you should be able to set it yourself. Maybe if you have 8 members already they get added as AI followers, but setting the owner to sneak should work (again, you won't get a visual indication).

Isewein likes this.
  10. Isewein

Cool, I'll give it a try and see if I can use the familiars to scout that way.

In the meantime, I've got another small description error to report: Spear +1 is listed with 20x2 Critical Range in the description, but actually has 20x3.

11. Isewein

Just to note that I encountered the "world map freeze" again when trying to move on from a swamp random encounter map (with ghouls) to the Ogre Cave.

12. RPH

RPH Member

There is a bug when a character uses Scather against a Balor, Salamander or Fire Frog. The game partially freezes and cannot move on to the next character. The work around is to go into the inventory of the Scather character and attempt to use a potion. When the invalid action message appears the game resets itself and the combat can continue.

13. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Thanks RPH, that bug is well documented. Scather and Fragarach grant infinite AoO's against sources of incoming damage, when that damage dealing creature has a damaging aura that damages attackers it causes an infinite loop error. Other than removing the Swords of Answering ability, there's not a lot we can do.

14. Sitra Achara

Fixed in Temple+ fyi.

florian1 likes this.
  15. RPH

RPH Member

I have the COG download plus the Co8 mod. Is there a more recent one?

Our Host!