Warp Wood

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by shapecharge, Feb 8, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

How do you cast Warp Wood.

I cast it and place my wand symbol over a chest and it says 1/4 (like magic missles you were dividing up). there also appears a circle magic symbol over my druids portrait which says cast only on these items. If I click the chest it doesn't cast, if I click the symbol above the portrait the # goes to 0/4 and disappears and cancels my attempt to cancel the spell. So whats the trick to casting this spell?

2. Illustair

Illustair First Order Wizard

When something like that happens, it means the spell can have multiple targets. As a more precise example, the moment you have selected a target - the number 1/4 implies that you've had 1 out of 4 possible targets selected. Then it goes up upon clicking another target, if there are any. The green circle that appears above the portrait is, how do say this, it functions like a "cast now" button. If you click it, as the term suggests, it casts the spell.

Although in your case, 0/4 represents a reset in target selection, I don't know why it does that when you click the green circle when it's supposed to be the other way around (you begin to cast the spell). Perhaps a bad target, I'm not certain how the spell reacts to that, I haven't tried myself. With all the things I said in mind, try casting the spell again.

3. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Thanks Illustair

Well I got Warp Wood to work, had to use my space bar to cast the spell, but at least I can use it.

4. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

Is this spell functioning properly? Casting it on enemy archers does not seem to impede them in any way. There is no saving throw etc. visible in the dice roll history window, so I assume it *should* have worked...

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Definitely works in KotB (they cast it at you :D) not sure about ToEE, though it should.

Can someone confirm please?

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I can confirm it's buggy - Warp_Size_by_Item_Size is off by 1 (size_medium / STAT_SIZE_MEDIUM is 5, not 4). This makes weapons consume twice as many "number_items" as they should, which I assume would make the spell completely fail in some cases (e.g. vs Longbow users you'd have to be level 8).

Will fix in next Temple+. Here's the revised function used in the spell script:

Code:
    def Warp_Size_by_Item_Size( itemref ):
        # This function returns the equivalent number of warp-items used up for the spell
        # based on the passed object's size. A Small or smaller object counts as 1 item.
        # A Medium object counts as 2 items, a Large object as 4 items, and so on
        # up to 32 items for a Colossal object.
        size = itemref.obj_get_int(obj_f_size)
        if size == STAT_SIZE_MEDIUM:
            warp_size = 2
        elif size == STAT_SIZE_LARGE:
            warp_size = 4
        elif size == STAT_SIZE_HUGE:
            warp_size = 8
        elif size == STAT_SIZE_GARGANTUAN:
            warp_size = 16
        elif size >= STAT_SIZE_COLOSSAL:
            warp_size = 32
        else:
            warp_size = 1
        return warp_size

Isewein likes this.
  7. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Thankee!

8. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

Good to know we weren't just seeing things. Thanks for your indefatigable bug hunting spirit!

Our Host!