New Temple+ Available

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by _doug_, May 6, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

There is no slot043.gsi in my save folder, actually. Same for the other saves. It never happened again anyway, so I have a feeling something in that save just got messed up with spell animations.

But this time I seem to have run into an actually gamebreaking issue - I cannot progress to Nulb. On the way there, I invariably encounter the caravan slaughtered by gnolls, but other than some guilt-tripping for not adhering to D&D's creepy racial determinism earlier there does not seem to be anything to do there. When I try to move on to Nulb from that area though, the game freezes on the world map. Buttons and other destinations still highlight, but clicking them does nothing at all.

Attached Files:

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

You've done it again... slots00054.gsi instead of slot00005.gsi.

Unfortunately it's also not something I can replicate on my end.

Can you try going to a different destination?

If all else fails you can use the console to teleport.

Edit: ok I managed to reproduce it now. Looks like it depends where on the trail you get the encounter. Looks like it's related to area assignment issues (it thinks the caravan is in the Temple).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  3. Isewein

Ok, look, maybe I'm stupid, but that's what I'm trying to say - in my save folder, all the .gsi files seem to have a random 5th number at the end. I don't have any of the .gsi files you ask for. I'm pretty sure though that the one I attached must be the correct one for that save, because it's "last modified" at exactly the same time as the other files. upload_2021-1-10_21-35-16.png

4. Sitra Achara

Oh! Alright, then I'll try renaming it. Did you perhaps name the save with a number?

5. Sitra Achara

Ok I got your save loaded, and indeed going to Nulb from there locks it up, but if you go to some other destination it doesn't lock up.

6. Isewein

Ah yes, that must be the issue. I always name temporary saves with numbers and permanent ones by location. The force of habit, I suppose. Thank you for the suggestion, I made it to Nulb now (after desperately kiting that assassin... damn, that one chap was more difficult than the entire Moathouse - what is his level, 8?!). Do you think the Nulb freeze is due to a problem with the caravan map? Merely curious.

You might want to try the earlier save with the same procedure, maybe you'll discover something useful. :)

7. Sitra Achara

Yeah, I just did :)
    Actually your saves were fine, it's just that for some reason they didn't go to the top of the list (and I have a buttload of those)... sorry about that.

The Nulb freeze is related to the caravan map, yes. I think it's actually an old bug, I guess it's rarely encountered because people usually kill the gnolls :p

The Bard thing was actually related to someone having done ready vs. spell (or possibly counterspell), and it getting lodged in there with an invalid object handle. I wonder how that happened. As a workaround, going into and out of combat clears it up at least. Should be easy to bulletproof though.

Thanks for reporting!

Isewein likes this.
  8. Isewein

Haha, yeah I guess my approach to roleplaying a paladin in the party is quite different than the standard D&D one... Falling for accepting an enemy surrender, getting guilt-tripped for not slaughtering lesser races on sight... XD

9. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

Hey Sitra,
    I recently started to Play ToEE again after finishing Pathfinder Kingmaker. I really like the Temple+ possibilities and started to add spells.

Now before I have to change alot of ID's, is there a range I should use (I did read the GitHub ToEE spell page)

The long term goal would bei adding the sublime chord prc, I think it would be a nice addition to bards, though I haven't checked If this would be possible.

But as mentioned, first step now is to add some spells as this is imo a nice first step.

10. Sitra Achara

Welcome!
    Please use the enum range 1000-1050. If you need help, I or the others here will probably be able to assist you.

11. Sagenlicht

Thanks for the quick reply! I plan to add a few sonic based spells as well. Those can't enter a silence AoE. Is there an easy way to check if a target is in such a zone?

12. Sagenlicht

Temple+ crashes if I use the Spell ID 1000.
    I changed it from 850 (which I used pior to asking which one I should use) and eveything worked fine, now Temple+ crashes at startup.

Edit: I think I found the reason, the spells Moment of Prescience, Touch of Fatigue, Ray of Exhaustion, Waves of Fatigue and Waves of Exhaustion are allready using ID1000 to ID1004. I will use ID 1005+ then.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  13. Sitra Achara

Ah oops, forgot that doug added spells too.
    Please use 1050-1099 range then.

14. Sitra Achara

Try this:
    obj.d20_query_has_condition("sp-Silence Hit")

15. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

Temple+ 1.0.84 is now available. Here are the changes:

* Stackable Metamagic effects feature (from Moebious patch) converted to House Rules option
    * Mirror image now works with Empower (up to 12) and maximize
    * Crafted shields, weapons and armor long descriptions now display all added effects
    * New Craftable effects:
    • Energy Resistance, Silent Moves and Shadow (core rules)
    • Optional (non-core): Hammerblock, Axeblock, Spearblock, Stamina, Agility, Nimbleness, Mobility and Quickness
    * Fixed crash issue related to unfulfilled Counterspell action
    * Fixed Metamagic handling for non-Co8 versions (patch2, GoG)
    * Fixed missing max dex bonus for tower shields

Our Host!