Ami Quest Cheat-Code?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by StrontiumDog, Mar 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

I checked one or two references on this site re resolving the Ami quest. Supposedly one has to go back and forth a 1000 times until one gets to a snake encounter where one can find the swamp lotus needed to help the girl recover. I tried this for an hour or so before becoming thoroughly bored. Is there an item cheat-code I could put into the game, so that I can have the swamp lotus in my inventory pack or on the ground? If so, could someone also include the command needed to put into the display window after clicking the "shift" key and "~", before including the item-code? I just find it most irritating that the Zaxis(?) bard encounter happens automatically while the swamp lotus never turns up at all. It really ought to be MUCH easier to find.

2. ScottyInsane

ScottyInsane Wrestling Addict

you should go and ask the old herborist in Nulb for swamp lotus. I don't remember how to activate the sentence but she will test you, but when you get it be angry when she asks why this girl should have the lotus and she will donate it vause you are a good man. After that, go back to hommlet to cure the poor little girl. When it's done, return to her father. He will hank you by saying that he has a distant good friend taht agrees to sell some rarities. He will provide you with a small list of wonderful weapons (crom faer, troll bane...). Those weapons are very expansive and you have to wait few weeks to get them but they 're worth it !
    However, I hope that all this is not part of the 0rion fix that I installed ^^

BrotherSmythe likes this.
  3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

That is in fact one of 0rion's fixes (the herbalist selling the item, not the mail order items - though I believe 0rion added to the list of items available).

if you open the game console and type...

give 12900

...the swamp lotus will be in your inventory.

4. ScottyInsane

ScottyInsane Wrestling Addict

holy god ! I thought so ! :mrhappy:

5. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

Thanks!
    I've since gone on with the game without completing the quest. I could go back, but I have no particular interest in using Crom Faeyr(!) etc. as they're BG items, not TOEE ones, and far too powerful. Besides, I'm already a bit overpowered with 6 characters( all with 18 stats) so don't need any more. This game is a bit ridiculous, really - if you're rigidly honest about rolling your stats etc. then it's almost impossible indeed to finish the game with just 5 characters and have a chance of defeating Zuggtmoy without the help of the absurdly powerful Golden Orb or overpowered stat-heavy NPCs like Otis, Thrommel, Oohlgrist and , especially Scorpp.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Actually, it shouldn't. The whole concept of this quests was that you should not be able to complete it every time through the game.

7. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

Really not complete it everytime, makes sense Oerth was never meant to be perfect.

The swamp lotus does show up on a swamp map after you accept the quest, it has always been on the very next swamp encounter that I had no matter what the monster I met. You do have to search the swamp, but in my experience the Lotus is there.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
    BrotherSmythe likes this.
  8. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

The Swamp Lotus/Amii quest was my least favorite quest in ToEE and one of my least favorite game quests. It seems like a random roll whether you even get the map it generates on, and even with holding tab and looking around ("Tab Scouting"), I still didn't get it. I used the console code to give our party the swamp lotus then gave it to Jaroo. The 6-member party got 30 EXP each, or if they were a certain high level, nothing.

In short, this is THE QUEST TO SKIP!

Increasing the reward and being able to buy the item outright in Nulb are changes I'd like for Co8 v8.2!

(Sorry about the thread necromancy. I think this is a common annoyance.)

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Annoying perhaps, but not game ending. "30xp each or nothing at all", it seems to me you went out of your way for little to no reward, you may as well have just botched the quest and got the same result. Besides, the mod author designed that quest so that it cannot be completable every time, and as such it should remain that way.

10. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Iirc it leads up to item rewards through the woodcutter.

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

It makes sense that this herb should be purchasable from the herb dealer in Nulb.
    Thread necromancy is an increasingly common annoyance, yes.

12. Endarire

Swamp Lotus could also be found at the end of Welkwood Bog. It is a swamp!

Isewein and BrotherSmythe like this.
  13. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

Second that! I like that it's an actually fail-able quest, but either the plant should be available in Welkwood Bog, too, or there should be some clarification that the quest is timed indeed from the dialogue - I know it should be obvious from the circumstances, but since many other quests which could equally be assumed to be timed aren't, an extra "there won't be much time to find the flower" from Jaroo wouldn't hurt for gamey dimwits such as myself. ;)

14. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I seem to recall a time limit being mentioned... or at least, I felt sufficiently motivated to hurry up with it...

15. Endarire

+1 to Welkwood Bog Swamp Lotus. I want success on this quest to be more than a vague possibility.

Our Host!