Mah lootz! Whar’s mah lootz!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by JaxtheMook, Nov 5, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. JaxtheMook

JaxtheMook Member

Ok, just know there’s a thread on this, or it’s in the release notes, or something, but I can’t find it. When launching the New Content version on XP, and starting in the shop map, there used to be a pile of awesome loot in the top room. All these great magic weapons and stuff. They even had cool names.

Now I’ve got it installed and working on my Windows 10 machine, and all the groovy loot is gone! Make the loot come back, George! =8-D

Seriously, where’s my loot.

2. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

3. JaxtheMook

JaxtheMook Member

Thank you for that. But I swear I’m not crazy. I have Co8 NC installed on an old XP laptop, and when I start a new game, there are 2 piles of magic items in the upstairs room with the beds. It includes a number of unique items. There is a holy spiked chain +1 called the thorns of love. There is a flaming spiked chain called a scalding spiked chain. There is a big anime sword called a guilotine blade. There is even a rifle called a Smyth and Wesson or something, said it was a developer tool. There’s a shillelagh that you can’t drop. All kinds of neat stuff. If I could get that old beater on the internet, I’d post a screenshot.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

It's true, there was one release with all those items left by mistake. I think one of the early 7.x versions. But eh, it was corrected long ago...

If you're using Temple+ you can open up the DM menu->Items, you'll get a searchable list of all the items.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

That sounds like you somehow got a developers' release. I've never seen it but I can imagine something like that to make it easy for testing.

EDIT: Gah, ninja'd!

2nd EDIT: Install Temple+ on your XP game. Go on.

6. JaxtheMook

JaxtheMook Member

It was trying to install TemplePlus that led me to put the dealio on my Win10 machine in the first place! =8-D BTW, I had a little installation issue, emailed the tech support guys, and they fixed me up in a trice. They are awesome. Great mod, too!

Well thanks to all who replied for explaining the mystery! Figures I’d have the one weirdo release and assume it was the standard, that’s me all over. Kind of a shame in a way; if you’re trying to Robilar this sucker (and I’m an idiot, I always solo ToEE) having a +1 weapon to start eliminates much save spamming. Fun!

Thanks again y’all! Happy Thumping!

7. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

@JaxtheMook
    ToEE is quite possible to solo, especially as a Cleric for various protections and crafting. You could also be a 16+ CHA male character and marry Meleny for the +1 Holy Longsword.

8. ithildur

ithildur Established Member

Different strokes...

9. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

I've never attempted a solo passage.

Does your definition of "solo" mean no NPCs? Or do you take on an NPC for a particular event/battle and then dump said NPC?

10. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

@FDR4PREZ
    The strictest definition of solo means no additional party members ever. Using summons, charmed/dominated creatures, animal companions, and any minion gained via a spell, item, or class feature is still considered OK since it's only one main character.

A more practical version of soloing is allowing NPCs into your party for very specific events. For example, you may allow Furnok into your party to unlock the chest in Hommlet with SR, or you may add NPCs to your party to slaughter them for their items and EXP.

Our Host!