New Temple+ Available

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by _doug_, May 6, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Could you enlarge that window? I can't see anything...

2. ithildur

ithildur Established Member

Image attached.

Attached Files:

3. Sitra Achara

Uhh I mean expand the debug ui (drag the bottom right corner).
    But I think I know how to reproduce the issue - you seem to have a low frame rate, perhaps due to using the integrated GPU. Do you perhaps have a stronger GPU as well? You may have to force it via driver.

4. ithildur

I'm not particularly interested in a hardware upgrade to play a game that's nearly 20 years old. I'll keep using 1.082 or move on to other games that will sustain interest longer anyway like Pathfinder Kingmaker (which runs quite decently on my system in spite of much more demanding system requirements).

5. Sitra Achara

That's great and all, but is it related to anything I said? I never suggested you need to upgrade your hardware, just saying that sometimes ToEE runs off the integrated GPU instead of the main one. I got another support ticket recently where it seems that switching it up did the trick. Either way, bug is acknowledged and will be fixed soon. Cheers.

6. ithildur

Sorry, misunderstood what you were saying. I only have one GPU.

7. Sitra Achara

Looks like I do too, except I don't have an integrated one at all o_O
    Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce this problem on my end... I did manage to bring down my frame rate, but it looks like it wasn't it. Can I ask you again to show the debug UI with the message output? Again, please expand it so I can actually see it fully, like in my previous screenshot.
    Also, are you using any special mouse settings perhaps?

BTW, here's how I brought down the frame rate :D
    MONSTARS.jpg

anatoliy likes this.
  8. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

9. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

yeah, it looks very festive

10. ithildur

I'm not sure what changed, other than restarting my laptop, but it works fine now.

11. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

12. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

@Sitra Achara @_doug_
    I recently realized T+ doesn't yet have the Archivist class. They learn spells from scrolls and levels like a Wizard, but they're divine casters. Archivists can learn any divine spell, which in 3.5 RAW tabletop means any spell since certain abilities convert spells between arcane and divine. In ToEE, it means Blackguard/Cleric/Druid/Paladin/Ranger and domains at least.

Archivists have 2 class-specific feats which allow their Dark Knowledge class feature to apply to other creature types, Archivist of Nature and Draconic Archivist.

May we get these?

Also, the 3.5 SRD has no requirement that spells added to a spellbook be arcane only nor divine only.

Does the Practiced Spellcaster feat work on racial hit dice and Inspire Greatness temporary HD as it should?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  13. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

The archivist is an interesting suggestion. It seems to be very based on knowledge skills so I don't know how that would work.

14. Sitra Achara

I guess you could substitute that with another skill, e.g. spellcraft/survival.
    BTW, how about the dragon disciple? I think it's mostly straightforward. I think the only thing that held me back was adding the wings ;) I recall thinking about adding a darley wings item as a workaround... Nowadays we can probably add those directly to the renderer.

15. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

Good suggestion, those two skills could substitute for the knowledge skills.

Wings and breath weapon graphics would be tricky. If I did the graphics, he would probably look more like a chicken disciple with halitosis. I like the idea though.

Our Host!