Where can I find a merchant selling Cat's Grace scroll?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by PracticalKat, Nov 1, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. PracticalKat

PracticalKat Member

I've just beaten the Balor with a party from an old save. Finished him off without too much damage after more than five tries where I lost two or three of my team every time. Lucky rolls rather than skill, I think :)
    Discovered my 4 Ranger 7 Rogue has trouble hitting anything despite 18 Dex and Weapon Finesse. I want to craft a ring to boost his dexterity but my Wizard doesn't have Cat's Grace. The scroll isn't on the list sold in Hommlet either.
    Also I can't find Spugnoir to write a scroll for my mage to learn... I think I lost him in a fight along the way....

2. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

The vendors in the Bazaar of the Bizarre in Verbobonc sell Cat's Grace, but you have to beat Zuggtmoy to access them. I *think* I'm right in saying that it isn't accessible as a scroll before then.
    Options: Skole in the Boatman's Tavern in Nulb has +4 gloves of dex, and the barmaid has +2s.
    If Spugnoir is still alive (and not with your party) he'll be in the Welcome Wench somewhere (downstairs during the day, upstairs at night). Levelling him up to 3rd won't take long if you let him tag along with you for some random encounters or any tidying up you may need to do in the temple. Adding a first-level apprentice at the Inn will take a bit longer (3000xp required rather than 2000).
    Or, since you've just killed a Balor, you have probably just levelled up your party wizard, so you could take Cat's Grace as a new spell.
    Or, opening the console and typing give 9049 will spawn a scroll in your party leader's pack.

3. PracticalKat

PracticalKat Member

Great, I'll see if I can choose CG on level-up or go to Skole.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You also have the option of recruiting Pishella, though she will take longer to level than Spuggy (just being thorough :) )

5. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Our Host!