The Swamp Tower fed-ex quest SPOILERS AHEAD

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Leimrey, Sep 5, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. florian1

florian1 Established Member

What's up with the children in the Mad Wizard's Tower? I usually just knock them out after drawing them away from the room that has an important Item.

I don't suppose the Mad Wizard turned some intruders into feral children........

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

It's an Ultima reference. Also...
    They're not children, they're monsters in child form
    But if you don't want to kill them and just knock them out, that's totally an appropriate response.

3. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I discovered an exploit.

When I tell the Bailiff that I killed the Mad Wizard, he gives a reward of 300 GP. If I tell him again that I've killed the Mad Wizard, he gives another award of 300 GP, etc etc

4. Shiningted

Ok thanks, that's a bug. Sounds like there are a few like that. Once I have finished something and tested it as many ways as I can think of (which are not always as many ways as the players can think of!!) I often move on and forget to retest for after-the-fact bugs.

5. Domingo

Domingo Member

i am on the level just under the entrance level and i cannot find a barrell to pick up. what I am doing wrong?

6. Shiningted

Is that the level with the gargoyle? To understand your frustration. To be able to help.

You don't need to 'create' a bottle with a tun and an empty (though I love the sound of that). You just use the tun: the poem saying, "A bottle of palest beer" is a bit misleading, yes. You have to think horizontally, sorta like the spider / egg problem.

EDIT: Come to think of it, that's not what you asked. Ok, to find the tuns, try clicking on the crates, one of them at least should have things in it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  7. Domingo

Domingo Member

i have tried to click on the crates in the middle of the room, the one between the two chairs, and the one next to the barrels and I can't get any of them to highlight. is there something I need to do first before they become clickable? Also, I never got any reward (including the precious warp wood scroll from the druid). thanks again for your time Shiningted!

8. Shiningted

Yeah I just tested this in situ, it's the crate at the bottom of the room next to the 3 barrels. Sorry if it is tricky (I had to poke around a bit) but the hand icon does come up.

9. Domingo

Domingo Member

thanks!!! Also, where is the dead halfling in the sewer? I have gone over both levels twice and still can't find it...

10. Shiningted

Did you see zombies at any point? They were eating him.

11. Domingo

Domingo Member

i did see zombies and a ghoul. they attacked us as we entered the room. I thought all the bodies were from them!

12. Shiningted

Nope, one is a container in the shape of a body (from a game mechanics perspective - we would say, 'dead halfling').

13. Domingo

Domingo Member

LOL. thanks again. OK, now for the next question. I bought the ox (buttercup), but can't figure out how to use him. i have the saddlebags but not sure how to put them on him or how to put anything in it. i droopped them and tried to get the ox to pick it up but says invalid action. I tried to use the saddlebags but I doesn't seem to do anything. thanks!!

_doug_ likes this.
  14. Shiningted

You select the saddlebags from the radial menu, like a potion etc. That puts the saddlebags on the ground, then you use them as you would any normal chest. To 'put them back on Buttercup' you use them again from the radial menu. Don't forget to do this!

Same procedure as Cerulean's Extraplanar Chest, I should think.

15. Domingo

Domingo Member

every time I go into the Hobgoblin caves, the prisoners end up attacking me when I finish killing the hobgoblins. they are always hostile. thoughts?

Our Host!