New Temple+ Available

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by _doug_, May 6, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

"Spontaneous 5' step".
    "Improved 5' step".

Now we just need Monks and Barbarians to be able to use their greater speed to make 10' steps instead of 5', and we'd have "Greater 5' Step".

FDR4PREZ and anatoliy like this.
  2. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

My guess is that this one was done on purpose. When playing D&D you can't move between 5 and 10 feet. However because TOEE does not use a grid you can move between 5 and 10 feet. They probably decided that the intention of the charge rule was that you move more that 5 feet.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I would have set it "you must move at least 10 ft." for a charge attack personally, I mean that is how it's supposed to work.

Shiningted and WinstonShnozwick like this.
  4. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

+1 to 10' charges.

5. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

I did a skim through with the search function on charge last night and nothing jumped out at me for where the min distance is checked for charge attack in c++, otherwise I would have fixed it myself. It might be hidden in dll hell. :/

6. _doug_

Looks like 100959B0 (chargeAttackAddToSeq) is where it is done. I can make the change since everyone seems to be in favor of it, I don't think it will be too hard.

7. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

Another issue found - Inflict spells are treated as ranged touch attack, not melee. Easy fix in T+, will provide with next commit.

I guess no one used Wand of Inflict Light Wounds, but my Cleric does from level 2 and onward. Great spell, touch attacks goes vs touch AC which is almost always small in monsters.

So my lv 2 Cleric has +3 attack (+1 bab +2 str) vs 11 touch AC, which is 8 to hit by dice roll, meaning 65% hit.

In comparison lv 2 Barbarian has +6 attack (+2 bab +3 str + 1 wf) vs 20 AC, which is 14 to hit, meaning 30% hit.

8. florian1

florian1 Established Member

After playing KotB for a while, I switched back to ToEE. Since activation of ToEE in place of KotB, I have noticed a few changes. In particular, reactive temple does not happen. I wiped out the Earth Temple, and when I landed in the room that the Air Temple "reacts" to, all I found was the air elementals. As I explored lvl 2 further, the Troll animal trainers were in their "training grounds" with the animals.

9. _doug_

Temple+ 1.0.81 is now available. Here are some of the changes:

* Extended spell descriptions option (marc1967)
    * New feat: improved skirmish (doug1234)
    * Added option for default action being 5 foot step and full attack when possible. (doug1234)
    * Added option for NPC HD - average (doug1234)
    * Arcane Archer Bug Fixes: Enhance arrows now bypasses magic DR and hail of arrows has the correct number of targets (doug1234)
    * Fixed charge attack minimum move distance to 10 feet, and is disallowed if fatigued or exhausted (doug1234)
    * Inflict spells now use melee touch attach instead of ranged (anatoliy-savchak)
    * Added a melee touch attack to the harm spell (doug1234)

florian1, anatoliy and FDR4PREZ like this.
  10. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

Great job guys!!
    This release is required for Shattered Gates module.

11. _doug_

Temple+ 1.0.82 is now available. Here are the change.

* Hotfix for charge attack bug

florian1 and anatoliy like this.
  12. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

@anatoliy
    Why is T+ 1.0.81 or .82 needed for Shattered Gates?

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I would have 'managed' this but I am a lazy, lazy man.

14. kovat

kovat Member

An older bug I have not read about yet: when returning to Nulb with Otis for the first time, he leaves the party, and you can recruit him for the second time if spoken with any of the high priests.
    When leaving, he attempts to go to his anvil but usually is stuck in the street.
    If his location is reset (e.g. you enter and exit your house), he is placed next to his outdoor anvil or into his shop, depending on time, and his armor and sword are duplicated in his inventory. This is annoying because they are not droppable, take up space and a lot of carrying weight.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  15. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Interesting issue:

I first starting using Temple+ back in June and I downloaded TemplePlusSetup_v1_0_77

I rolled up 5 new characters and I have been playing them since that time. I am now in Nulb and moving forward in the game with these 5 characters. I am not using any of the pregenerated characters.

I have the automatic update activated, so now I have v1_0_82 installed.

If I click on Start New Game, only 2 of those 5 characters are in the list of available characters.

Where did my other 3 characters go?

Our Host!