Temple+ Modding Question

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by _doug_, Feb 21, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah I figured that, just recording this here for posterity :)

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Apologies, but the list of Python functions in the Temple plus Changelog seems to have been shortened... I was wondering whether a "make flatfooted" Python function existed as the feat combo Combat Expertise\Improved Feint\"Surprise Casting"\Surprising Riposte is just too munchkin to ignore....

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Hi Pygmy,

Yeah I recently snipped it because it was both too long and not exhaustive.
    You can see all the python ObjHandle methods here:

https://github.com/GrognardsFromHel...e0c/TemplePlus/python/python_object.cpp#L3484

Specifically for flatfooted, I think you should be able to just add it as a condition via using .condition_add, even in vanilla ToEE.

4. Ludget

Ludget Member

Has temple plus made changes in the way trader's inventory is handled? I have a modified invensource.mes in my overrides directory, but none of the changes I made are in the game. Not even in a new game with a new party.

5. Sitra Achara

No, it hasn't.

6. Shiningted

If there are no changes, the initial store inventory is still going to draw from the mobs, so Ludget, you will still have to come back later for a refresh to get your new stuff. To test this, sell some nonsense to a shopkeep and then check back when it is gone - at that point the Invensource should have been accessed.

(Apologies if you already tried that).

7. Ludget

Ludget Member

That explains why I haven't seen any changes. The changes I made were more longspears in the starting equipment shop and the percentage for Calmert to sell the weapons increased. And since you never see the starting shops restock and Calmert takes his time to do so...

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You can use ToEEWB to add items to the shopmap, copy the *.mob files from the shopmap folder into WB/mobiles, load it up, open the chest .mobs add items, save it and pop the .mobs back where you found them.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  9. Shiningted

Open the mobs in the shop map with a hex editor and hack them into something new!

10. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

Confirmed, it's my mod was interfering with Sneak Attack condition. Fixed.

EDIT: Character recreation is needed!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  11. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

I would like to add spells like Camouflage that add an cirumstance bonus to skills for the spells duration. I looked through the availible bonus types and cirumstance is in the game but I couldn't find an easy example how to add values to skills via python. Is there an example for to me look at?

12. anatoliy

Code:
    game.leader.condition_add_with_args("Skill Circumstance Bonus", skill_hide, 10)

13. Sitra Achara

That will create a permanent effect... he wants a spell effect.
    I don't know if any of the current engine effects support this. The old co8 method would probably spawn a spell object with this bonus.
    With Temple+ you can create a new spell condition... check out the spells doug has added for example (those in the enum 1000 range).

anatoliy likes this.
  14. anatoliy

Sure it will add permanent effect. I just wanted to add him some starting point.

Creating spell IMHO is quite hard. And creating conditions are even harder. Although I created 79 conditions for my zmod, I have only created one spell - Darkness.

I think we should have some sort of tutorial.

15. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

Thanks for your quick replies,
    yeah I did take a look at doug's spells before I asked, I also did take a look at the Python functions there is a PyObjHandle_SkillRanksSet though I am unsure if I could and how I could use it. Sadly doug never tried to manipulate a skill value directly in his spells. In his moment of prescience spell, he tried to interrupt a skillhook (ET_OnGetSkillLevel) but he commented it out, I assume cause it does not work.

Our Host!