Nulb Pirate bug? *spoiler*

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Alatar, Jun 25, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Alatar

Alatar Member

Started a new game a few days ago, as usual I am using atari 1 and 2 and temple.dll fixes plus Liv's mod. Went to the tavern where Tolub fights with you. Talked to the bartender first who asks me to assassinate Tolubs woman (her name starys with an L). I am non commital about it and end up telling her what he gonna do.. show her the gem as proof etc. Then after this my half orc fighter goes to do the bare knuckle gypsie fighting thing with Tolub (my half orc fighter is named Mikail Bakunin.. hehe). Once he hits him (with fists only) all the pirates (obviously 1st internartionalists) attack Bakunin, and then all the pirates in Nulb attack without question. My fighter never hit Tolub with a weapon or anything. I've played through this part before (i think before Liv's mod but cant remember) and not had this problem so maybe a bug?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Did you actuallly initiate a boxing thing with Tolub through dialogue first, or did u just walk over and hit him???

Anyway, ur party are sissies. Last time I decided to rumble that pub, kill Skoll or whatever his name is and his henchman, the pirates took one look at my party and all said, "I'll sit this one out" :cool:

3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Do you have any stat-boosting items equipped on the character fighting Tolub? If so, he will declare you a cheater and the pirates will attack.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Monks and other characters with the improved unarmed fighting feat MUST tick the check box to deal non-lethal damage, maybe this is the problem?

5. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

it was something that happened to me. I don't know why, but it is because you deal lethal damage instead of non-lethal. It is a bug that I never met again after using Co8 patch & stuff. If you're using a monk, if you boost him enough with spells, you should be able to beat him in one single round, before that he may attack you. Doing so you shoul overcome the bug.

6. Alatar

Alatar Member

Went back to a save game to check it out again (had had one or two 'refreshments' last night :drunk: , so wanted to make sure) and same thing keeps happening. I initiate the dialogue that leads to the fight, and try it with both my fighters, who are just straight fighters not monks. I also made sure they had no stat boosting equipment (in fact decided at one point to fist fight naked in true 'Celtic' fashion), and same result.

...As for my party being sissies...

<rages incoherently> :chainsaw:

<accepts the sad truth>

7. Alatar

Alatar Member

just had another look now and Tolub does declare me a cheater and the pirates attack. But, my straight fighter has no stat boosting equipment or spells cast on him. I made sure by unequipping every item he had. I also went back to an even earlier save game before I had talked to anyone in the pub and the same thing happened. I also initiated the dialogue and the fight (with nothing equipped) and then didnt hit him at all (just pressed space bar) and he still called me a cheater and they all attacked. ?

8. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Maybe your character is suffering from the permanent spell bug. If you have Liv's mod installed, try going to Jaroo and ask him to fix the bug. Or try fighting Tolub with a different character and see if it makes a difference.

9. Altazar

Altazar Member

First challenge Tolub and beat him. After the assassination quest has been started some very weird things start happening, so it must be always the last quest you do in Nulb.

10. Alatar

Alatar Member

Went to see Jaroo and was not suffering from the permanent spell bug... also went back to an earlier save game (I had the suspicion that it was something to do with the assassination quest because the tolub thing had worked before every time for me) but the same thing happened. So, I have no idea. Maybe Orion is right in that Tolub thinks I'm going to deal lethal damage for some reason, but, I initiated the fight and then didnt hit him and he still thinks I'm cheating, but maybe that doesn't matter?

11. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

If there are any magical enhancements at all to strength or possibly constitution can cause it. No potions or spells of any kind, like Bulls Strength, etc. A pure, natural fist-fight, and if it still does it, you have some other kind of bug or problem.
    Also, move your weapon and shield to the inventory side, before the fight.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  12. Alatar

Alatar Member

As I said before.... no spells/enhacements... no magic items... no weapons... and even no clothes/armour, just to make sure... Meleny dug the 'Celtic' style of fighting (although she got trounced by the pirate et al.)... still, I could tell she liked it! :twisted:

<makes note to self> : 'spend more time with girlfriend and less with ToEE'

Our Host!