Cormyr - new module development [video]

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by anatoliy, Mar 10, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

I'm happy to announce that @Shiningted joined the project. This is incredible news, as Shinigted brings excellence to module quality and his NPC dialogues are masterpieces. Thank you Shiningted!

Now for the progress news.

We are working on the City of Sumbertone. More specifically - Shiningted works on it. So it means that the City is going to be very believable and enjoyable :)

I'm working on next map - Slaghtergarde Temple, which is even more bigger than first dungeon - 25 encounters (vs 18 in first).

sigofmugmort, _doug_, erkper and 3 others like this.
  2. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

thanks all.

My buddy last played a couple years ago using a bunch of druids only. The other night he mentioned that he wanted to replay using a bunch of wizards/sor

I mentioned Temple+ to him since it fixes spell stuff, and the other interesting fixes and add-ons, so he was interested in giving Temple+ a shot.

That means I needed to get it installed, so I could confirm he did it correctly :confused:

So now I have T+ installed

Time for me to start a new game, too :)

_doug_, anatoliy and Allyx like this.
  3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I downloaded this mod to try it out, eventually figured out how to make it work, good work, nicely done. I couldn't figure out how to end a Dark and Stormy Knight, or where room 3 was but I did note the Zombie Bugbear is immune to Turn Undead, and I died trying to get through the other module, a couple of Goblins took out my last two conscious characters after everyone else had died.

anatoliy likes this.
  4. anatoliy

Thank you @Allyx :)

There are no end in the Dark and Stormy Knight module. Kill all, and that's it. This was my very first module to taste :)

The Shattered module is a bit harder. But that is all by design of Adventure. No changes from me :)

5. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

@Shiningted
    With your joining anatoliy, what does this mean for KotB progress?

6. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

This is the Shining One working on KotB, helping out with the IWD Conversion, helping with Cormyr, and posting forum updates here - all while watching netflix on his flip phone

[​IMG]

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ha! You know I'm not working on KotB atm, what nonsense.

It's a fair question though. And the simple answer is, I don't have the opportunity to put the time in on KotB needed to do what needs to be done. What remains requires a lot of concentration and some long-hour efforts to do it properly, because many of the late-game quests / outcomes etc get quite convuloted. Plus a lot of testing.

On the other hand, Anatoliy has only asked me to do some simple dlgs and some other things (inventories, jumppoints for maps to line up, etc). Much like with IWD where I was mainly doing map sectoring and converting dlg files. Most (not all, but most) of that doesn't require much thought - I can come home tired and still toss off a leather seller's dialogue or a guard's responses, and by working to a pattern the scripting is practically copy-paste. So there you go.

FDR4PREZ and anatoliy like this.
  8. Allyx

In regard to IWD, Ted wrote a cool little conversion program for the dialogues that does a lot of the heavy lifting, at that point only the scripting side of those files need to be done.

9. anatoliy

New short update:

Allyx likes this.
  10. Zoroastre

Zoroastre Member

Hmm I may look dumb here, but where are the "The Shattered Gates of Slaughterguarde" and "Dark and stormy knight" modules? I don't see them here nor on moddb...

Just got back here after 4-5 years cause I missed TOEE and wanted to see if anything new to play, Cormyr seems very promissing though,
    thx

anatoliy likes this.
  11. anatoliy

This is a bit sporadic topic of new modules development. It started as attempt to implement Cormyr maps, but eventually evolved into three separate modules:
    • Dark and stormy knight. Finished.
    • The Shattered Gates of Slaughterguarde. In-progress. Rather big one. Currently 50% completed.
    • Cormyr. Unfinished and postponed until further notice.
    I guess I will need to create separate topic for Dark and stormy knight. And perhaps polish a bit more))
    And some sort of installation guide.

12. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

By the way, I thought it's worth mentioning that the functions that save critters to mob files are intact inside the temple dll. Might be useful for improved wysiwyg editing from within ToEE.

anatoliy likes this.
  13. anatoliy

New update - Bag of Holding features.

_doug_ and Allyx like this.
  14. Allyx

That's very awesome, but can you retrieve items from the bag from a different map? If you went back to town for example, would the items still be in the bag? Or are they stored only on the map you put the items into the bag on? Also, does it retain the number of charges remaining on wands placed into it? And does it retain any magical enchantments crafted onto the items by the players?

anatoliy likes this.
  15. anatoliy

Yes, you can. I just verified.
    This is because it uses different type of saving data into save game semi location.

Yes it does. I specifically made an alteration to work with wands.

At the current stage it does not.

I intend to work on it later. I think modification of T+ will be required.

sigofmugmort and Allyx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!