Starting Crash/Installing Co8

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by dracocisk, May 26, 2020.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. dracocisk

dracocisk Member

Hello. I started my Acc here cuz I got to a serious problem. Whenever I want to start ToEE,
    the game crashes as soon as it hits the starting cutscene where the temple gets closed.
    So I looked into bugs and found Co8. The next problem is, I can't install Co8, as I use a german
    version and so ther is no "ToEE an english" found on my pc...
    I already reached the temple once and killed 3 out of 4 high priests, so to start with, I didn't have any
    problems with this game. What can I do to solve this problem?

PS: the first time that problem came up it was solved with simply de- and reinstalling the game, but now
    not even that helps. Trying different compatibility doesn't help.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Disable the cutscenes? I'm not sure how to do that without the Front-End though, maybe someone knows.

3. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Have you tried deleting the Temple of Elemental Evil directory between uninstalling and re-installing? If a clean install worked once it should work again.....

How thoroughly was the translation into German done? Was it just the dialogue or do you find a dolch +1 rather than a dagger +1?

4. dracocisk

dracocisk Member

Pygmy, it was an official german version. So, the translation was quite good. At least I never found a misstranslation. But I never searched for one tbh..

5. Pygmy

Actually I wasn't thinking about the accuracy of the translation but whether the language used in the underlying mechanics was still English and therefore basically compatible with Co8 - the check you referred to not withstanding

6. dracocisk

dracocisk Member

then, how do I delete the directory? Maybe that helps. And btw, I lose my savegame and chars when I deinstall the game, is there a way to prevent this from happening?

7. Pygmy

Go into Windows Explorer and delete any existing Temple of Elemental Evil folder. Ensure that next time you choose a folder other than Programs as the location for the Temple of Elemental Evil folder.

It is possible to identify the folders containing your characters and saved games and copy and paste the contents via a temporary folder into your new game, but I would consider it most unwise as you are trying to eliminate all possible corrupted files.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Our Host!